PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Blunders

GT2000
06-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Hank Gerbus of Cinci, OH took his pc in for repair a year ago and was told they needed to replace his hard drive. This worried him because the drive contained SS #s of himself/wife/kids/grandkids. They swapped the drive for free under warranty, hence they would not give him the old drive back, assuring him it would be checked by their guys in Chicago and then destroyed by a drill through the platter. Wrong.

Six months later it was sold at a flea market for $25, and the person who bought it luckily had the caring instinct to track down the data owner to return it, calling Gerbus at his FL house.

This is just one more reason why I don't trust my shit in the hands of anyone other than family and close friends..even better yet though, being a tech, I don't have to worry about this! But definitely a good read for those Joe Sixpacks out there.

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/06/one_year_ago_ha.html#posts?GT1=8211

Mr Biglesworth
06-06-2006, 09:50 AM
How many Joe Sixpacks read our site?

testtubebaby
06-06-2006, 09:52 AM
creep and raub for two!

Liss
06-06-2006, 10:21 AM
creep and raub for two!

That was my first thought.

squirrels2nuts
06-06-2006, 11:03 PM
what about the average joe six tooth?

heX
06-07-2006, 07:03 AM
heres procedure at my best buy for hard drives that were thought to be unfixable. geeksquad throws them in a box till it was full. brings them back to the whare house and throws them in the compacter. that was untill i challenged the head of our geek squad and suggested 60% of the drives were probably fine. so she gave me about 30 drives and said fine you take them home and try to fix them. i havent tried all of them but 4 of them worked just fine with no effort. best buy sucks, dont go there.

Mr Biglesworth
06-07-2006, 09:29 AM
well that explains that

thecreeper
06-07-2006, 10:06 AM
heres procedure at my best buy for hard drives that were thought to be unfixable. geeksquad throws them in a box till it was full. brings them back to the whare house and throws them in the compacter. that was untill i challenged the head of our geek squad and suggested 60% of the drives were probably fine. so she gave me about 30 drives and said fine you take them home and try to fix them. i havent tried all of them but 4 of them worked just fine with no effort. best buy sucks, dont go there.
in related news, you want to sell me a decent sized harddrive? :)

and joe sixpack...i don't know how to take that.

Cid
06-07-2006, 03:01 PM
I they're talking about your famous ripped abs, creep.

thecreeper
06-07-2006, 03:25 PM
is it bad if i read that as famous ribs?

mmm...ribs.