PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Cosmo

GT2000
05-26-2006, 10:36 AM
http://www.thetesttube.com/pics/Cosmo-002.jpg

11/17/1992 - 05/25/2006

Is that not just the most awesome looking dog ever? Well, I know not but still, gonna miss the big guy. Mom needed help making that her desktop yesterday so I wanted to post it..pics a couple years old but he looked like that up until I'd say a few months ago when things started going downhill.

Several weeks ago he started limping worse on his front left..then stopped walking on it altogether, we had to use beach towels as hoists to help him move around when he needed outside. Finally mom noticed a hole on his left foot, hoping it was just an infection..turned out to be cancer started in his left front and spread, after finding that out it was an easy decision to put him to sleep, sucked even more to see him lying there all day barely able to move, knowing he was suffering..but, just as always, he had the look of determination on his face.

I didn't get to go when they put him down..I lifted him into the Envoy and said goodbye, then I had physical therapy of my own to get to..it hasn't been as hard as I had imagined..but fuck, I grew up with that dog always around, and suddenly he's not, it blows.

So this is my mere memorial to him, best friend indeed.

thecreeper
05-26-2006, 03:27 PM
i feel for you donnie. i had to put a lot of old friends to sleep in the past years.

i lost the scotty dog i had for 12 years in 2003, and i lost the airedale i had for 15 years in 2000. Then there were both my cats that we had since they were kittens that both died in the course of a year after 15 years.

sorry man. :(

squirrels2nuts
05-26-2006, 03:51 PM
there there :(

Optimus Funk
05-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah I am truely sorry to hear about your loss Donnie. I just lost my Golden Retriever in the summer of 2004. It does suck I missed his death as well, but I think was a good thing for me. Dogs become such a part of your life especially as a child so I say hear hear to the memories we had with them!

GT2000
05-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys..getting by just fine, but it's definitely weird not having him in the house..

On a lighter note, I was looking through the pictures mom had in a folder, and saw one I had forgotten about..he's sitting with that same big smile/grin on his face..sporting wood.

I remember when mom took the picture and I saw it afterward...she hadn't noticed it..no wonder he had a smile on his face.