PDA

View Full Version : iPod

sharkz
01-08-2005, 08:49 PM
I was thinking just now, that I am getting to the point with my MP3/CD collection, where it might make sense to buy an iPod or other MP3 player. and i have about enough money from christmas/hannukah.

so i guess i'm posting this to get recommendations on iPods, or in favor of other players over them.

i'm kind of weighing it in my mind right now:

pros:
definetely freeing up shitloads of backpack space compared to hauling my big case around

a recorder (with a mic and a hack for quality) (goodbye microcassette)

lots of other cool shit

portable hd

cons:
price

price of adaptors/associated gadgets

for most purposes would put my portable CD player out of use, but i guess that was a present to me anyhow, a while back.

having to switch all my music to itunes [not the heaviest of my concerns though]

raublekick
01-08-2005, 09:10 PM
iPods are nice, but i'd rather get a Creative Zen or a Archos

Mike
01-08-2005, 09:43 PM
My old man and my sister both got iPod's for Christmas. I've been puting all of my dad's CD's onto it (thousands of Blues CDs), and it's been pretty smooth. THe only downside for me is that we don't have a Mac in my house or a PC with ieee so I have to use USB.

I'm very impressed with how it categorizes music and does everything, as is my father who is not very computer literate. He's amazed with it, so far.

Battery life is good (though, you usually have to get the warrantee/AppleHelp or whatever it's called because the batteries die and it's expensive to replace them). That's probably the only downside to the iPod, is the battery that has to be replaced after a couple of years.

thecreeper
01-09-2005, 01:43 AM
and i've heard that battery is hella expensive.

Plain Old Jane
01-09-2005, 03:18 AM
i took a dirty picshure of myself with an ipod...

its the U2 ipod. dont get the 40 gig, the battery doesnt support the amount of play it has, its just a waste

thecreeper
01-09-2005, 12:22 PM
i dont know how truthful it is, but it's something to consider nonetheless:

http://neistat.com/pages/video_holding/ipod_holding.htm

sharkz
01-09-2005, 12:48 PM
i dont know how truthful it is, but it's something to consider nonetheless:

http://neistat.com/pages/video_holding/ipod_holding.htm

thanks, i saw that a while ago actually. but it is something i'm weighing.
a friend of mine points out that i should probably wait for the steve jobs macworld keynote tuesday before i buy anything, just in case some big ipod info bomb gets dropped.

johnny
01-09-2005, 01:42 PM
i think you should invest in a portable cassette tape player.

Plain Old Jane
01-09-2005, 01:46 PM
yes, that is true, the ipod did have battery issues when it first came out, I've heard from some tech sources that THAT was fixxed. but I could have heard wrong.

teensupernothing
01-09-2005, 08:31 PM
go for the creative labs nomad. totally worth it. i have the thirty gig, and they're like $200. totally worth it. period. easy to use. my bro's girlfriend's best friend.. haha, talk about a story starter... well, her's got run over by a bus and still worked, the screen was just a tad scratched, not even crushed/cracked.

worth it 100%[/code]

Plain Old Jane
01-10-2005, 09:09 PM
DO NOT GET AN IPOD, the compatability issues just arent worth it...

sharkz
01-12-2005, 11:18 AM
DO NOT GET AN IPOD, the compatability issues just arent worth it...

quite a position change

testtubebaby
01-12-2005, 11:25 AM
quite a position change

yeah... that's what she said!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

er, sorry.

sharkz
01-12-2005, 04:07 PM
quite a position change

yeah... that's what she said!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

er, sorry.

lmao

actually, my friend and i have been using that one a lot lately, and sometimes it will get added to things that "she" totally wouldn't say.

thusly "... why would she say that?"

sharkz
01-13-2005, 06:25 PM
i ordered one anyway last night, i'll update this when i get it

http://www.rhapsody.com.hk/pic/christmasshow2001/scshow3.jpg

thecreeper
01-13-2005, 11:16 PM
i hope you ordered that suit too.