PDA

View Full Version : silent hill

testtubebaby
04-21-2006, 10:31 PM
pretty creepy, but i didn't really get into it like i wanted to...

made me want to play the original game again, though

thecreeper
04-24-2006, 11:32 PM
i thought the environment was perfect, pyramidhead was amazing, and it had a pretty decent setup (i even liked the ending, though most of the theater didnt share my opinion), but there were a few too many crappy lines, and a few pretty pointless scenes. also, a little more characterization of Rose would have been great.

but i got my money's worth, for sure. i just wanted to see some of the scary shit from the game on the big screen, and it worked out for me.

Optimus Funk
04-27-2006, 11:02 PM
We only have the topic and one post(not including me) to talk about silent hill!, Pa'shaw! I am inflamed! I think we should have atleast 20 more posts about this even if they dont have to do with this movie, just cause I enjoyed it quite a bit. My reasons are many, my thoughts arent clear though so Ill probably post them later while I am clear of mind, but then again I dont post while I am clear of mind so I might not! but know this I liked this movie and I was in the same theatre as creeper up in boston and it was amazing. I cried and wet myself, not ture but I felt I should have.

thecreeper
05-07-2006, 02:52 AM
after playing some fo the original game tonight with optimus (my first time since it was released when i beat it), i have to say i really admire how much christophe gans stuck the the original game. i mean ,the opening sequences is nearly verbatim!

i think if they would have actually not strayed much from the ending of the game in the movie, there would be a lot less complaints in general, but oh well. i still enjoyed the movie a lot.

squirrels2nuts
05-09-2006, 09:55 PM
uhhh it was shot in brantford, a mere 45 min drive from here. and i must say although i havent played the game or seen the movie... it's a shitty city.

Optimus Funk
05-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Because of all the witchhunters, coal fires, deamons, and multi-dimensional shifting? right?