PDA

View Full Version : It doesnt pay to be second-generation famous.

Torre82
04-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Child welfare, sheriff's deputy visit Spears' home

Britney Spears has come under renewed scrutiny from Los Angeles child-welfare officials.

At least one social worker, accompanied by deputies, visited Spears' Malibu home Saturday afternoon, L.A. County Sheriff's Lieutenant Debra Glafkides said Wednesday.

The visit occurred after the pop star's seven-month-old son was diagnosed with a skull fracture, Star magazine reported Wednesday.

A call seeking comment from Spears' publicist was not returned.

The sheriff's department could confirm only that its deputies went to Spears' home to "keep the peace," as Glafkides put it, while the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services conducted its business. For their part, the deputies didn't take any action or write any reports, she said.

In the Los Angeles Times, Spears' attorney, Martin Singer, said the Department of Children and Family Services "determined there was no problem and no reason to open a formal investigation." Social workers determined Spears and her husband, aspiring rapper Kevin Federline, were not responsible for their child's injury, and that "nothing improper occurred within the home," he said.

The Department of Children and Family Services could not be reached for comment.

Per the Star, Spears' baby, Sean Preston, was injured Mar. 31 in a high chair mishap while in the care of his nanny in California. Spears and Federline were in Dallas at the time, the tabloid said.

Last Friday, the Star said, a CAT scan revealed Sean Preston had sustained a "minor skull fracture and a blood clot." As is the routine, medical officials notified child welfare officials of the head injury, Singer told the Times, and an inquiry was opened.

In February, the Department of Children and Family Services dispatched sheriff's deputies to Spears' home after photographers caught the singer in the act of driving with her young son on her lap, the boy unbuckled and unrestrained.

Initially, Spears said she acted "instinctively" in order to get her baby away from prying paparazzi. Later, she admitted that she "made a mistake."

OR

Madonna is embarrassing

The Sun UK says today that Madonna's fashion sense is not shared by her nine-year-old daughter Lourdes. The singer, 47, admits Lourdes sometimes gets embarrassed by what she wears and wants her to be a normal mom.
"My daughter is critical. Sometimes she totally disapproves of what I wear. She doesn't want me to look too strange. If I pick her up from school she instructs me to dress normally. She goes, "No tracksuits please". My daughter has a new routine too ... she goes, "Why can't you just be like normal mothers?"

OR

Scientology is dangerous

Jett Travolta, the 14 year old son of John Travolta and Kelly Preston is being raised under the strict guidelines of Scientology, despite the fact that the teachings prevent him from getting the care he needs to treat what appears to be autism. The Travolta's have blamed Jett's ill health in the past on Kawasaki syndrome, a disease I'm pretty sure they made up just now. They say it was caused by "environmental toxins", but that Jett was mostly-kinda "cured" after a detox regimen dictated by the writings of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, even though Jett still has all the same symptoms he had before.

But HollywoodInterrupted.com says that Jett clearly has autism, a conclusion shared by experts on the disease including executives from the Autism Society of America and Cure Autism Now. The Travolta's may be hesitant to admit Jett's disease because treatment would involve psychiatric care, a form of medicine strictly prohibited by Scientology.

squirrels2nuts
04-13-2006, 02:01 AM
francis bean will have her revenge on seattle.

thecreeper
04-13-2006, 08:02 PM
john travolta is an idiot.

heX
04-14-2006, 01:54 AM
john travolta is an idiot.

yeah.... ....... ....hes some kinda retard! *rim shot* heh heh, oh man *wipes tear from eye*

thecreeper
04-14-2006, 01:24 PM
yeah sorry, i wasn't feeling any zingers there.

Torre82
04-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Chachki's or flingers?

heX
04-17-2006, 12:54 AM
yeah sorry, i wasn't feeling any zingers there.
then something is clearly wrong with your funny bone.