PDA

View Full Version : friend needs help...

teensupernothing
03-22-2006, 08:32 AM
finding any RELIABLE info that links vido games to violence, or anything on that topic.

figured you guys would have soemthing of the sort.

thanks!

raublekick
03-22-2006, 08:36 AM
i don't think there is any reliable info that links videogames to violence. the counterargument has plenty.

teensupernothing
03-22-2006, 08:44 AM
bleh thanks anyway raub.

i figured as much. just thought i'd ask.

if anyone else has anything, it'd still be appreciated

Mr Biglesworth
03-22-2006, 11:04 AM
umm, i'm sure i could find something... like you're looking for scholarly journal articles? I've got to wrap up my own essay but i could poke around for something.

teensupernothing
03-22-2006, 12:52 PM
i'm looking for anything that's not completely biased, "video games are the devil rotting the minds of our youth" for or against it dosent matter, just not completely rediculous

i dunno, he just asked me if i could "post something on that nerd forum i go to"

don't go out of your way unless you want to bigs

thecreeper
03-22-2006, 10:42 PM
that nerd forum?!

i'm offended.

Mr Biglesworth
03-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah there's lots of stuff, here's one, i can get a lot more if needed.
I had to zip it to upload it it through TTT, but its in pdf format once unzipped

Mr Biglesworth
03-22-2006, 11:00 PM
here, for instance, is a list of article titles...

Contemporary issues in adolescent video game playing: brief overview and introduction to the special issue

The effects of violent video game habits on adolescent hostility, aggressive behaviors, and school performance

Violence exposure in real-life, video games, television, movies, and the internet: is there desensitization?

Exposure to violent video games increases automatic aggressiveness

Playing violent electronic games, hostile attributional style, and aggression-related norms in German adolescents

An update on the effects of playing violent video games

teensupernothing
03-23-2006, 12:50 PM
thanks a bunch bigs!