PDA

View Full Version : HTML question

heX
01-10-2006, 10:58 AM
while trying to make an annoying but original myspace layout i came accross a problem i dont know if i can fix. is there a way to lock a marquee in place from viewing persecptive not just to the back ground. like have a marquee at the top of the page then if you scroll down its still at the top even though you scrolled down. myspace doesnt allow java so itd need to be just html. www.myspace.com/r0bby i need it for the red drops scrolling down just to add depth to the background i made.

thecreeper
01-10-2006, 03:36 PM
not sure if i quite understand, but in CSS, the "position: fixed" would lock an image to the top of the screen, but only in non-IE browsers, because IE doesn't read it correctly due to some flaws in the browser's CSS capabilities. but i don't know how much freedom myspace gives you to play with the html so that may not even work.

heX
01-11-2006, 07:54 AM
basically yeah im trying to "fixed" the position of the marquee. wasnt sure if uyou could even do this with a marquee. not sure what myspace allows just thought id try the easy way and have you solve it for me. ill play with it some more.

Mike
03-24-2006, 02:41 AM
MySpace should allow CSS, and it's not too hard...

.fixmarquee
{
position:fixed
}

<div class="fixmarquee"> ... marquee code </div>

It's more complex and I know nothing about MySpace, but it should work.

You could also use dHTML ... which is the bane of all existence ... but it'll work and it should work in MySpace as well.