PDA

View Full Version : Aeon Flux

testtubebaby
12-04-2005, 09:19 AM
saw it last night with my girlfriend and i thought it was pretty decent. neither of us had seen the entire series or really knew what the plot of the thing was about (we did know aeon and trevor from the show, though), so it was nice to see what the gist of it was all about summed up.

i'm sure it will get bad reviews, but it's much better than most mindless action movies (maybe i say that because decent sci-fi is hard to find in the multiplex these days). i was a little disappointed that it wasn't as surreal or sexual as the show was, though... i guess that would have been hard to emulate using real actors.

Metallistar
12-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Sweet, I've been hesitent to go see it just caus it looks like a movie that could really suck. I'm glad to hear that its worth the watch. Plus Charlize looks HAWT!

Metallistar
12-04-2005, 09:43 AM
Yep Yep

johnny
12-04-2005, 11:22 AM
i dunno man, i think the black hair makes her look less attractive.

i saw one or two previews of this movie and assumed it would get bad reviews, but if i ever rent and watch it some day in the distant future, i'm sure i will like it at least a little bit. it doesn't look like anything too special, but it also doesn't look absolutely terrible.

thecreeper
12-04-2005, 01:01 PM
some people were saying it was the worst movie of the year, this year's catwoman...etc. i dunno, i saw it, and it wasn't particularly bad, it was just very mediocre. it never really goes all out to be a serious movie that deals with issues and its never really a popcorn action movie, it just kinda straddles the line and ends up being unmemorable. and as much as i remember of the show (used to be a big fan when it was on), it felt more like an interpretation of the character and and the surroundings rather than a faithful adaptation. of course, peter chung has said many times that the original show wasn't supposed to bereally coherent and that you were supposed to draw your own conclusions, so i suppose it was going to piss of people regardless to try to make an hour and a half action movie out of a cult animated show.

raublekick
12-04-2005, 01:43 PM
it never really goes all out to be a serious movie that deals with issues and its never really a popcorn action movie, it just kinda straddles the line and ends up being unmemorable.

that's what i always liked about the show, but the animation style gave it lots of support. i'm not sure if the movie can do this nearly as well. i kinda wanna see it, but i probably won't.

Metallistar
12-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Ya know, the critics can kiss my ass on this one. I love how one critic thinks it bad and the rest of them in like like a bunch of blind mice. The move isnt oscar good but I enjoyed it. I would give it a 7/10 and well worth my trip to the theaters. The story could have been developed a lil better, but like creep said, the original basicaly had not story/plot which is what made it so facinitaing.

The movie was well adapted from its anime counterpart.

heX
12-06-2005, 11:33 PM
i liked the movie alot and so did my gf. i used to watch the show all the time and even remember the first episode being aired on liquid television back in the day. wish the movie was a bit long to develope the peak of the plot before winding it back down. could have been a bit more sexual like the show. they couldve done it with real actors, no nudity was required. on the opening of the movie when they showed the eye ball i was on the edge of my seat, i was very excited. the use of the tongue work deffinetly was a straight copy of the show aswell. all in all id give it a 9/10 if you were a fan of the show and a 5/10 otherwise.

thecreeper
12-25-2005, 12:09 PM
i got the box set of the show for christmas, and it's been a lot of fun to watch. i think they MTV-ized the movie too much for mass consumption, but i have found that i did enjoy the movie, even if i found some parts disappointing.