PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R.

GT2000
10-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Played the first MP Demo a while back, got a hold of the single player and just checked that out a bit ago...and, so far through the first mission, and the start of the 2nd, they're really trying to go for the spook factor, kinda works too, hehe...

Mr Biglesworth
10-22-2005, 01:17 PM
do you need someone to hold you?

wildbilld
11-17-2005, 01:08 PM
I got this game. It is way to hard core. It pwned my computer. Can't keep up with it. Hopefully taht will be changing shortly when I get my dual core stuff from intel.

Jesse
11-17-2005, 02:27 PM
I like this game a lot. It's a really good FPS, and even on the medium diffiiculty setting, it's really challenging.

thecreeper
11-17-2005, 05:11 PM
it looks really neat, i'd like to play it in some form sometime.

my current computer would never allow that however.

Plain Old Jane
12-29-2005, 06:26 PM
scary as holy fuck

ripped off Ju-On: The Grudge in a lot of ways:

A sec. camera is watching creepy cannibal man flip around crazy like and then samara- er. i mean the lil girls head comes up and looks at the camera, static. CREEPY!

small girl with long black hair in front of her face kills people? NO! ORIGINALNESS ALERT!

still, despite all this, I'd easily give this 10/10 because the physics are really amazing in that your body now has mass and its own shadow, a fairly ingenious way to add realism to movement. also, the game can switch from fps to melee in a second, specially with the stealth ninja fuckers.

Also intriguing is the way in which the story is presented, the smooth transitions from hullucination back to reality, thanks to what seems to be a modified doom 3 engine. one loading per level akin to far cry in level scale and texture realism... ::goes to get far cry CD:: i need a lil vacation later...

and my third and greatest reason for liking this game... Best Ending Ever...
SPOILERS dont look down if you havent beaten it yet, but maybe you should listen cuz even tho you'll know, you'll still wanna see it.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Spoliers!:

The ending without giving too much away ends with what looks like a nuclear explosion. fully rendered. fucking hawt.
so its like this, you just beat the end guy and you're through running out of a building and you step out and into the day light like youve been underground for a million years. you feel relief but then the ground rumbles and you stare down the street as you see a flash and then a foom as an explosion shakes the crap out of you, you cant run cuz the wind from the explosion is pressing you against a wall. the mushroom cloud fooms up and red dust flyies your way making the area take on a red hue. you watch in exsasperation as a blast comes at you throwing buildings and cars equally up in the air, and then i think a car or something flies from the dust cloud and hits you.

you black out...

thats not all, but that alone makes this game MORE than top ten game material.

raublekick
02-25-2006, 08:24 AM
I have this game on my new laptop. Haven't played it much (been playing Far Cry instead). Looks killer though.

F a C e
03-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Beat it. Good game, but a little short. And the ending is ass!! Leaves you hanging, and there isn't even an end boss battle!

Definitely looking forward to the sequel and Condemned (this is out on X360 already, by the same studio that did F.E.A.R.).