PDA

View Full Version : The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Jeno
09-13-2005, 07:35 PM
ho hum, just wondering if any of ya'll watched this? I just went out and bought the DVD today since it came out! And in a bit, I shall grab my towel and watch it!

The movie isn't as good as the book, and is actually significantly different...though I don't mind that because it's based off the Douglas Adams screenplay so the vast majority of changes are his...and the book wouldn't translate to film exactly that well.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. The British humour may throw some off, I suppose. Thats what a few people I talked to said anyway...don't see why, british humour is awesome. Maybe I think that because I'm Semi-British...but Blackadder and Monty Python rule! And Douglas Adams, :)

Also...I HIGHLY recommend you read the books, it's a trilogy of five.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Life, the Universe, and Everything
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Mostly Harmless

After that...go watch Blackadder and Monty Python, then you can go watch 'The Office'...BBC version.

Good stuff that, :)

testtubebaby
09-13-2005, 08:02 PM
welcome to 1989, jeno!!!

but i agree... i read them for the first time back in 6th grade, and they are still my favorite books ever.

thecreeper
09-20-2005, 01:18 AM
i've never touched the material, is the movie worth watching, at least as an introduction?

testtubebaby
09-20-2005, 06:44 AM
if you like british/python-esque comedy, you should dig it...

Torre82
02-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Brain the size of a planet...