PDA

View Full Version : Quake 4 MP briefing

GT2000
08-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Quake 4 is a largely anticipated FPS from Raven/ID Software. This IGN preview article focuses on the MP aspect of the game.

"Though Raven is taking great pains to craft a new experience with Quake 4, the multiplayer side of things should stick pretty closely to the model established by Quake 3."

Here's to hoping. Although I was never a huge player of Quake 3, I did greatly enjoy running around with the gauntlet...what was the sound you heard when you were killed with it again? I know it's something like "you're a fucking pussy!" or was it "HUMULIATION!"?

Anyways, the current release date for the game is just in time to hunt for your own "turkey" online, hopefully they'll be able to stick to it, Nov. 14th, 2005.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/641/641602p1.html

johnny
08-14-2005, 01:51 PM
in quake 3 there's this one awesome capture the flag map where it's in space and there's bouncy-pad-things so you can bounce between platforms and go wild with the rocket launcher. i used to play that level a lot (and i usually listened to the album "earth ad" while playing). what a great gaming experience.

if that level is in quake 4, i think i will have to check it out. (or maybe i should just find a cheap copy of quake 3?? it must be cheap now)

GT2000
08-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah, i liked that one dm map out in space, was it dm16 or 17? Where you just spend most of your time doing as you mentioned, bouncing back and forth trying not to fall to your death, or at least capping a few fuckers before you do.

I'm sure that even if the game doesn't come with those maps, that someone out there will port the maps over to the new game.

johnny
08-14-2005, 05:09 PM
i wonder if it'll eventually hit the consoles? i'd like to check out quake 4 but it's really not worth maybe needing a new video card. (because i'll probably get bored of it fast anyways.)

GT2000
08-14-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm sure that if they do the same thing they did with Doom 3, that it'll hit the Xbox within' a year of releasing on PC...just speculation of course ;)

thecreeper
08-17-2005, 07:37 PM
i wonder if the single player mode will be any better than the pathetic one in Q3A. that's usually a big selling point for me in a lot of FPS games, believe it or not.

Mike
08-18-2005, 11:15 PM
in quake 3 there's this one awesome capture the flag map where it's in space and there's bouncy-pad-things so you can bounce between platforms and go wild with the rocket launcher. i used to play that level a lot (and i usually listened to the album "earth ad" while playing). what a great gaming experience.

if that level is in quake 4, i think i will have to check it out. (or maybe i should just find a cheap copy of quake 3?? it must be cheap now)

You can DL Q3 pretty easily. That's a pretty fun map. We had ... some mod that we had ... I can't remember the name but it gave everybody this super railgun and a grappling hook and some other shit... and it was fun.