PDA

View Full Version : fuck h2/hl2/mp2...

testtubebaby
11-22-2004, 10:10 AM
who's playing metal gear solid 3: snake eater?

and why?

i think it should definatly win GotY honors (that is, unless people come to their senses and give karamari the nod)

thecreeper
11-22-2004, 01:32 PM
katamari damacy is the best game of the year, no question.

and i cant afford mgs3 at the moment...or probably anytime soon. you'll just have to tell us how it is and spoil all the plot points.

raublekick
11-22-2004, 01:55 PM
i want to disagree and say that Katamari is not GOTY, but i can't think of anything to take its place.

Plain Old Jane
11-22-2004, 05:28 PM
I eat snakes and your mom

thecreeper
11-22-2004, 11:11 PM
I eat snakes and your mom

thanks for the worthless reply!

so you're saying San Andreas isn't the best thing since sliced bread this year, rauble?

raublekick
11-23-2004, 08:24 AM
San Andreas is fun as fuck, but lets face it, it's nothing groundbreaking. But on the same token I don't think Katamari Damacy is incredibly groundbreaking, it's just much more simplistic, whoch you don't see much these days.

testtubebaby
11-23-2004, 09:19 PM
compared to most everything else that came out this year, katamari broke the most ground since ico...

Plain Old Jane
11-23-2004, 11:17 PM
compared to most everything else that came out this year, katamari broke the most ground since ico...

the only groundbreaking part of that was a little freak with horns yelling "WHORE!" across a deserted castle at a VERY WHITE girl in rags.

Yeah, whatever, I don't speak 'crazy bitch'..." (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2001-09-28&res=l)

thecreeper
11-24-2004, 12:51 AM

the only groundbreaking part of that was a little freak with horns yelling "WHORE!" across a deserted castle at a VERY WHITE girl in rags.

Yeah, whatever, I don't speak 'crazy bitch'..." (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2001-09-28&res=l)

you're such a predictable nerd. ocremix, penny arcade, transgendered...sigh.

i watched some MGS3 tonight, looks pretty badass. I wasnt understanding the story, but i have to say that the graphics were amazing and the game play looks pretty fun. might make the xmas list.

Jesse
11-24-2004, 02:26 AM
I really want to get Damacay, how much is it?

thecreeper
11-24-2004, 10:04 AM
I really want to get Damacay, how much is it?

20 bucks dude, its worth the trouble to find. most stores only get a copy or two of it, so if stores around you dont have it, getting it off amazon or EBGames or something might be easier.

raublekick
11-24-2004, 11:20 AM

i think what makes katamari so good is that it wasn't ground breaking at all. it's just a simple and fun game that uses very basic mechanics and has a super sweet graphical implementation.

the realism of the HL2 engine seems to be pretty groundbreakin in terms of realism, but i've yet to play it.

and to tie in some MGS3...

"SNAKE! You've created a time paradox!" OMG WTF!? SURPRISE!