PDA

View Full Version : TTT Meetup? July 3rd, Philadelphia, PA

thecreeper
06-16-2005, 11:52 PM
It's been buzzing on the forums and IM the past week or two, but could a TestTube meetup actually be a reality after all these years?

Possibly. On July 3rd, The Minibosses (http://minibosses.com) and Chromelodeon (http://www.chromelodeon.com), two excellent independent video game cover bands (original material too) will be uniting in Philly at the First Unitarian Church. the full line-up:

sunday july 3
the first unitarian church
philadelphia pa
minibosses
penny winblood
the arrangements
repellent
chromelodeon

Tickets are 10 dollars! (http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=12127)

while me and raub were definitely on board for this, it was to my surprise, that Zell and Subsy, also longtime forum goers said they were going to come as well. even more shocking was that amidst the chaos here last week was sharkz and Stormy both also displaying interest. With a few more maybe's here and there, I figured this deserved a post.

So who wants to make a go of it? I promise the show will rock, it is all ages (though some beer is definitely gonna happen), and if we get a big enough showing, we can split a hotel for the night. if we only get a few people, i can give people a place to stay for the night. but still, it's a good opportunity, what better way to spend 4th of july weekend with rock bands and internet friends from TTT?

Mike
06-16-2005, 11:58 PM
... I will never step foot in a unitarian church.

thecreeper
06-17-2005, 12:03 AM
well its not like they are handing out flyers and screaming JOIN US, it's just a venue.

raublekick
06-17-2005, 12:03 AM
i wouldn't be so quick about the hotel unless you plan on driving seperately. i gotta be back here the next day for work, and i have other non-TTTers (shizzies) coming with us. i don't know how the First Unitarian is about alcohol, last time there was just one dude downing a bottle of wine or something. i'd imagine they don't like it too much.

the show starts at 7:30, but it will probably be later. it will be the most amazing fucking show ever. this will be my 5th minibosses show and the first that isn't 6 hours or more (much much more) away.

raublekick
06-17-2005, 12:04 AM
yeah the people that run the shows aren't affiliated with the church at all to my knowledge. it's pretty much the best venue in philly for independent acts.

thecreeper
06-17-2005, 12:08 AM
i wouldn't be so quick about the hotel unless you plan on driving seperately. i gotta be back here the next day for work, and i have other non-TTTers (shizzies) coming with us. i don't know how the First Unitarian is about alcohol, last time there was just one dude downing a bottle of wine or something. i'd imagine they don't like it too much.

the show starts at 7:30, but it will probably be later. it will be the most amazing fucking show ever. this will be my 5th minibosses show and the first that isn't 6 hours or more (much much more) away.
well yeah hotel would only be if we get like a bunch of long travelers...and even then people could probably crash at my house. and at the advantage show they just asked that people keep beer and such under wraps or drink it prior to entering. but considering most of the possible people coming are underage, that just means more sparks for me.

raublekick
06-17-2005, 12:23 AM
you don't need more sparks! just keep it at 2 max this time hehe.

Plain Old Jane
06-17-2005, 12:57 AM
id be up for it, philly's only an hour away.

what should i wear...

thecreeper
06-17-2005, 01:38 AM
you don't need more sparks! just keep it at 2 max this time hehe.
yeah, the sparks intake will be lower this time, i promise. i just need enough for a buzz.

Jesse
06-17-2005, 02:40 AM
Though I live in Maine, there's a slim chance that I can make this event, since my friends and I were planning on taking a bus to NC on July 5th. Though there has been talk that we may go later in July. But, if we're still going on July 5th, maybe I'll go down a few days sooner for the show/meet.

heX
06-17-2005, 05:41 AM
if rad says hell go im up for a road trip with him. i also think i got family there.

sharkz
06-17-2005, 03:26 PM
my family is going to fucking DC the next day but i made sure we didn't leave before then so i could go.

so yeah, i do need to be back preferably that night if i could get a ride.

Plain Old Jane
06-17-2005, 04:12 PM
depending on what part of pa you're in, either I could or raub or zell or someone

teensupernothing
06-17-2005, 07:04 PM
not sure, but i might be back then. for like, two days anyway, to wash clothes before i go to the us (boo) fencing camps i have to attend, if i can bribe my bro to do my laundry, AND i can get a ride with you, i'd go.

thecreeper
06-19-2005, 02:35 AM
yay for boredom!

made this today for the show.

http://www.good-evil.net/temporaryfiles/minibosses-philly.jpg

thecreeper
06-21-2005, 06:17 PM
bump, i recommend anyone who is thinking about going to get a ticket before hand as i do not know what kind of showing is coming out to this. judging that the MC Chris/Chromelodeon show sold out quickly, i don't want anyone who may travel a decent distance to be disappointed.

raublekick
06-21-2005, 06:34 PM
i agree, but then again that was fucking MC Chris.... I'd imagine that anything Adult Swim related would draw a crowd faster than the 'bosses.

GT2000
06-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I know I won't make it for this, mainly I just don't know when they're going to make my hearing for my workman's comp case yet. I've yet to retain counsel, which, I'm afraid of the costs...

This week is probably the biggest for me, I've got an MRI tomorrow, I need to call up a lawyer or few, I have to start prepping for the lan thursday night and then the lan runs friday afternoon through sunday afternoon, plus any chance I get to see my girl, I drive 2 hours up to Richmond to get her and we either come back down to the beach or stay up there.

I need to get a picture of me and her and post it up, it's a long story but here's the abridged version..

We met over ICQ, she's from Russia..we talked all the time, things just clicked I guess you could say. There was maybe a month where we didn't talk, I was never home, plus I was just pushing friends, etc away due to things I had going on, my head was all fucked up.

About a month ago, she finally told me that she was coming to Richmond for the summer, on a student/travel (work visa) deal. First chance we had, I went up to richmond and took her out. I brought her down to my neck of the woods on sunday and we went to the beach that night, drove around, got kicked out of a bar because she didn't have valid state id (nor her passport on her), I felt bad because I didn't even think of it, figured they would take her university id.

But yeah, she's one of the few things keeping me going right now with all the bullshit I'm dealing with.

thecreeper
06-21-2005, 09:16 PM
that's cool donnie, definitely post a pic sometime. and if you do have the time, i recommend you try to come, especially if Stormy comes. I mean, Philly is about 5 hours away, but it would be cool to see people. and i can let a small amount of people crash at my house.

GT2000
06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Oh, I'd definitely like to make it up there sometime, even if it's just hangin' out with you and raub, and finding where sharkz lives and breaking some tail lights and making a run for it.

I just need to see what's going on, maybe I can win the lottery tonight and call off my workman's comp hearing, and just quit my damn job, lol.

johnny
06-21-2005, 10:09 PM
if you're going to make the trip as far as pencilvaninaia you might as well just skip on by and come to canada to party with me and neil

sharkz
06-21-2005, 10:53 PM
or maybe you oughtta come here! :eek:

thecreeper
06-21-2005, 11:36 PM
if you're going to make the trip as far as pencilvaninaia you might as well just skip on by and come to canada to party with me and neil
you cant go to a country that doesn't exist.

teensupernothing
06-22-2005, 03:14 PM
i want to come, you know that.. but.. you also know why i can't.

and it's a definate no, just so you know.

thecreeper
06-22-2005, 05:14 PM
ok, thats cool. i'm not forcing anyone to come or anything, just show up if you want, me and raub and zell will be there for sure.

malta
06-23-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm strapped for cash and time but I'd love to hang out someitme.

I'm an hour and half from T.O so you canada heads know, about the same just to get to PA, and like 6 hours to Philly from here in Buffalo.

I think we should set up some date in august before everyones gotta go back to school, and chill, get some hotel rooms or something, drink, smoke...

teensupernothing
06-23-2005, 02:15 PM
well, if you'd all be willing to get to my place, we could do whatever the hell we want, no hotel nessesary. i'd be more than willing to have the company.

this message brought to you by the glory of chemotherapy, ruining my entire summer and most likely my chances at the olympics.

since i can't go to europe and get ripped there... my place is more than good enough for me.

and then... i can use the "medical marijuana" excuse.

YES!

(didn't feel like making a new topic to say all this.. and i don't really feel like elaborating. BUT; it's not life threatening, it's just gotta be beaten before it spreads, it's just the reason europe was cancelled and if you wanna tear me apart for spilling my personal life, well then fine go for it... i'm kinda numb to it by now.)

Cid
06-23-2005, 02:42 PM
I think they recently did away with Medicinal Marijuana...so that sucks.

I'd go to this in a hearbeat, you know how much I'd love to meet you Creeps. But I'm sure I'm too broke for such an outing. Life's hard sometimes.

johnny
06-23-2005, 02:49 PM
I'd go to this in a hearbeatfor me maybe it would take two or three heartbeats. but i'd go if it were a bit closer and i had a vehicle.

Cid
06-23-2005, 03:07 PM
I thought it was funny that I spelled "heart" wrong. I'm not sure how long a hearbeat is.

teensupernothing
06-23-2005, 05:10 PM
and yeah, they did... but it's still an excuse

Cid
06-23-2005, 06:17 PM
How's that now?

teensupernothing
06-23-2005, 06:25 PM
hm, because.. i said so. haha. i never said it would actually work, but it could possibly evoke some sympathy or something if i got busted.

Stormy
06-26-2005, 05:49 PM
I can't go as initially planned. Sharkz won't be there (and he's one of few people on here I've kept up with over the years), and I have work that day, and would end up late, disordered, and most likely exhausted.

Sorry, guys.

thecreeper
06-26-2005, 10:36 PM
haha, as usual, it all falls apart. i tried at least.

me and raub and zell and (subsy? jep? jesse?) will still be there.

thecreeper
07-01-2005, 09:58 PM
last bump, show is this sunday. parties at chromelodeon house afterward!

Jep, Zell, Subsy, you better all have tickets.

Plain Old Jane
07-01-2005, 10:18 PM
sorry, no luck this sunday, my dad wants to go visit the gran cuz shes all sick, pssh... 90 year olds, all of em should grow up a little...

thecreeper
07-02-2005, 01:33 AM
lame. anyway, should be fun, you are all missing out.

thecreeper
07-04-2005, 11:41 AM
just gotta say, wow, what a show. Zelda/Zelda2 medley with Chromelodeon AND Minibosses? amazing. Zell/Justin and his friend Jake (apparently also on TTT at one point) were awesome, it was great to see them. And as usual, the bossie fans were showing their pride. pics and video and stuff soon to come.

raublekick
07-04-2005, 12:32 PM
yeah it was a good time. sorry i had to meet zell on such bad terms.

Mr Biglesworth
07-04-2005, 12:42 PM
I was there...
...no one even talked to me

thecreeper
07-04-2005, 01:17 PM
liar

thecreeper
07-04-2005, 01:24 PM
PICS AND VIDEO (http://good-evil.net/temporaryfiles/minibosses-7-3-05/)

more from others soon.

all i have to say is OMG TTT & THESHIZZ RULZ

ZELL/JUSTIN
http://good-evil.net/temporaryfiles/minibosses-7-3-05/DSC03560.JPG

JUSTIN AND JAKE
http://good-evil.net/temporaryfiles/minibosses-7-3-05/DSC03513.JPG

testtubebaby
07-04-2005, 01:34 PM
yup... that's my little SLB

Stormy
07-04-2005, 01:47 PM
http://good-evil.net/temporaryfiles/minibosses-7-3-05/

Who the hell are all those nerds?

thecreeper
07-04-2005, 01:53 PM
its a concert of NES based music and you are asking that?

starting here in the minibosses message board thread about it, i make descriptions and such about some of the pictures. that should explain some of it at least. i think i went about 2-3 more pages with pics there, if anyone is interested.

http://theshizz.org/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=12781&st=285

Stormy
07-04-2005, 02:01 PM
its a concert of NES based music and you are asking that?

starting here in the minibosses message board thread about it, i make descriptions and such about some of the pictures. that should explain some of it at least. i think i went about 2-3 more pages with pics there, if anyone is interested.

http://theshizz.org/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=8&t=12781&st=285
I am asking who they are, and why you took pictures of them. I don't care that they're nerds. My boyfriend sleeps in a bright red Nintendo shirt sometimes.

sharkz
07-04-2005, 02:52 PM
dang. sorry i had to miss it. like i told creeper, i'd love to hang with some of you PA people sometime.

Stormy
07-04-2005, 03:47 PM
dang. sorry i had to miss it. like i told creeper, i'd love to hang with some of you PA people sometime.
I wouldn't mind driving up to join you guys when it happens.

thecreeper
07-04-2005, 06:55 PM
well suffice to say they were minibosses fans from another message board (and even some of the bands themselves), if you didnt check the link.