PDA

View Full Version : face the truth

johnny
06-13-2005, 10:18 AM
so, who else has checked out the new stephen malkmus album? i'm enjoying it.. it's very pavement; many of the songs remind me of different pavement albums. of course, face the truth is no slanted and enchanted or crooked rain, but it's still better than i was expecting. i am especially enjoying the first two tracks, "pencil rot" and "it kills," right now, if you're up for searching out some mp3s. also, you can download the song "baby c'mon" right here (http://www.matadorrecords.com/mpeg/stephen_malkmus/stephen_malkmus_baby.mp3) (it's not the best tune on the album, but it's alright anyways).

and if you haven't heard of pavement before, then find some of their tunes, cause you just might enjoy it

raublekick
06-13-2005, 10:52 AM
yeah pavement is one of the greatest bands, despite how wussy they come off as at first. i've only heard one malkmus song, the one that was on the matador 15 dvd...

johnny
06-14-2005, 11:05 AM
that wimpiness is an important part of the pavement sound. they're a rock band, but it's neat how they come across sounding kinda wimpy (and not in an emo-ish way either)

thecreeper
06-16-2005, 07:02 PM
i keep meaning to get some pavement, but it never seems to happen. i've heard a good deal of their music though, its pretty good stuff.