PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

heX
06-13-2005, 05:15 AM
Anyone else playing it? I like it alot if anyone picks it up or uses the 10 free day trial guest pass i have a guild on the Server: Gilneas. I would highly reccomend this game if looking for something to keep you busy. I would be able to hook you up when you were starting out.

Jesse
06-15-2005, 03:18 AM
My mom plays it a lot. I'm not sure which kind of race she uses, but I know she's a level 32.

It's sort of a role reversal. Usually the mother will ask her son to take care of chores or something, and the son will reply "Yea, hang on, let me just finish this quest." In my house it's:

Me: "Mom, will you make me xxxxx, I'm hungry."
Mom: "Hang on, I'm right in the middle of something. I learned a new ability earlier."
Me: "Yea, what's that? Get off the computer and make your only son some food?"

She even plays online with one of my good friends that plays. Whenever he comes over to pick me up or something, he'll usually talk WoW with my mom, and then come up to my room 10 minutes later to get me.

GT2000
06-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Haha...I'd bitch-slap my mom if she ever fell into an mmo-pit like I have in the past.

But no, WoW sucks balls, beta'd it and never liked it, about 2 months after I quit FFXI, a co-worker talked me into picking up DAoC, so I've been playing that on and off, just can't get into it like I did FFXI (not because I dislike the game, but rather, I don't want to become hooked on mmo-crack ever again).

heX
06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
what server does she play on?

Jesse
06-15-2005, 02:28 PM
Uldor or something.

teensupernothing
06-16-2005, 09:09 AM
only blizzard game i ever got really into was diablo two, which i still play pretty religiously, and without the expansion pack. (never got around to buying it) from what i've heard WoW is either a love-it-or-hate-it kinda game, i know a bunch of people from fencing who play it like it's their job, and a bunch more who hate it, and would rather stick with wahatever game they were currently engrossed in.

GT2000
06-16-2005, 12:19 PM
I think that's the deal with all MMOs...you either like how they are setup quest/mission/character/class/race/etc wise, or you despise it, that is, if you are a fan of MMOs, otherwise, yeah, you'll just hate 'em.

That was the deal with me and WoW at least, I did the first beta, made myself a paladin (wish I had taken a screenshot) that was Gallaghers brother, bald head, long hair, mustache/goatee, and, MALLET!! But I just didn't get into it, some people I played FFXI with defected to the game and tried to get me to join them and I couldn't part with FFXI which I was currently hooked on to go to it. Nor could I when I quit it.

I just like DAoC because you get a free level every six days assuming you have earned a level on your own inbetween each free one, just don't have to grind away at it like other games.

thecreeper
06-19-2005, 11:00 AM
im gonna be honest here, i never played any warcraft games. nor do i really have the desire to.

GT2000
06-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Yeah..I might play WC3 again sometime, see if I stick with it for more than one level...who knows!

More of ya'll should get xfire installed, so we can ambush each other in fps's or something.

thecreeper
06-19-2005, 11:13 AM
the thing is, i havent even played a new PC game since call of duty. my comp can't handle the new stuff and my aging system just isn't an ideal place for it.

GT2000
06-19-2005, 11:18 AM
You'd be an idea candidate for my spare athlon 64 system, not sure what I'm going to sell it for yet, because I haven't gotten another case to place it in yet.

thecreeper
06-19-2005, 11:27 AM
i'd gladly take it off your hands :)

GT2000
06-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Haha, like I said, not sure what I'm going to sell it for yet :)

Will be a nice system though...

A64 3000+ (2GHz)
Shuttle An50r
9800 Pro 128MB
530W Fortron
RAM (whatever I have laying around when I rebuild it)
Case (whatever I buy to throw it all in)
and probably a 200GB Maxtor
and I have a spare 52x Lite-on burner and a Non Dual Layer Memorex DVD burner.

thecreeper
06-19-2005, 12:31 PM
unless there is a massive TTT discount, i wont be able to afford it. :(

GT2000
06-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing $300-400, but, I haven't sat down to add up the numbers, only reason I'm considering selling it is because I have no income right now.

GT2000
08-27-2005, 07:29 PM
Oh, I sold that system a couple weeks or so ago, got $400 cash for it. Not the reason I'm posting though.

WoW is a game I've dissed for the duration of it's existence, although the only time I played it was during first beta. My friend who got me playing DAoC after I quit FFXI said he'd been playing WoW again the last 2 days, asked him if he planned on switching, and now it seems like a possibility that I'll be playing WoW instead of DAoC...which is alright, I'd have to buy the game, but, with DAoC, you deactivate your account, but everything stays intact no matter how long you take to reactivate it, which is cool.

Anyone on Illadin, or however you spell it?

GT2000
09-08-2005, 03:44 PM
I should've given WoW a better shot when it first came out, I might've swung over to it then after-all. Been playing with my friend and someone he's played MMOs with since like 1999. That's gotten me into what seems to be one of the better guilds on the server, and, the game is just easy to start..

Lvl 27 Hunter, I can swing about 13000xp an hour solo just grinding, not sure what other people average, but to me that's pretty decent, got about 50 gold to my name, that's just from selling green/blue items on the auction house and then vendor selling everything else, shouldn't have any problem affording a mount at lvl 40.

So, I'll retract all the shit I've ever talked about the game, I guess.

heX
09-09-2005, 10:03 AM
i play extremely casually due to my conection going out every 15min (not an exagerration) i level very slow but managed to have about 300g before lvl 30

-lvl 27 priest human

GT2000
09-09-2005, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I spent about 40g on gear lastnight, broke again, but I'll make it back fast. I'm not really a casual player because I have too much free time on my hands again...