PDA

View Full Version : Organic transistors

raublekick
06-13-2005, 02:00 AM
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,67769,00.html?tw=rss.TOP

Definitely won't see this stuff become even remotely well developed in our lifetimes, but cool to think about. For some reason I just picture someone sitting at one of those Uncle Fester arcade things, the one where you hold on the the metal prongs and it vibrates (making it feel like a shock). Just stick a third prong up your butt and you've turned into a giant organic transistor! Think of how much stuff you could get done if you could turn yourself into a conscious computer.

Or maybe this is just the start of the Matrix. Could implants be possible to make people into unconscious computers?

Plain Old Jane
06-13-2005, 08:48 PM
I think as our data processing power increases like this, it increases exponentially every two years, we'll have to redefine what life is as we begin to see signs of it in our computers.

i dont think we'll ever have anything like the matrix... not exactly anyway... i mean, as the universe expands the more energy it takes to do things, and the greater the laws of physics change, eventually we may not have the power to physically do things anymore, and something like a matrix may become nessesary, but thats all conjecture and moot since we'll all be dead by then.

Mr Biglesworth
06-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Not that long ago we had to redefine life to include blacks, and even more recently women!

heX
06-13-2005, 11:51 PM
and speaking future tense.. more recently no.2 pencils

johnny
06-14-2005, 08:21 AM
and even more recently women!i think we still make more money than them in some places, AND THAT'S THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

but, back to the topic.. :o i'm not sure that you could turn a person into an unconscious computer using these crazy implants. at least, i certainly hope you couldn't. that seems scary. the borg have just been a'waiting for this kind of technology to hit the market.