PDA

View Full Version : Birthright Israel

Mr Biglesworth
06-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Well, I've been bitten by the travel bug and I don't think this infection will subside until I break free and get back out into the world. I've been thinking alot about traveling Europe, and been trying to figure out the different possiblities. I'm going into my second year of university, still interested in alot of things but not sure where my professional life lies and how to prepare for it academically, so i'm going to continue exploration in this year. After that, I might take a step back and consider taking a year off school to work and travel. I would love to save up enough to spend a month or two in Europe, buy a Europass and see the whole shebang. I just feel like i need to get out of my self and allow myself to reflect on my life and the world and see what I want to do.
So anyway, those are some new thoughts floating around in my head. However an old one just resurfaced. Some of you have probably heard of a program being run out of Israel where young people of jewish blood (yes, I'm half jewish) are given a paid 10 day trip to Israel. I started signing up for it last year and my dad got alarmed and asked that I not sign up. He was concerned for my security, considering the risks of the region. So I forgot about it for the time being.
Now, my university residence don went for it this christmas, she really enjoyed it and she said she didn't feel unsafe at all. I'm really thinking about signing back up for it. It's a free trip to a place I would love to see, and the offer is only going to be open for me while i'm under a certain age. As far as i know there's been no problems with the safety of the kids who have gone. So since i've got this travel bug on my mind the option has become very appealing again.

Any thoughts on the Israel trip in particular and travel in general?

malta
06-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Never been overseas. Been as south as virginia and no more north then wassaga beach ontario. I'd like to visit NYC, montreal and maybe cali.

heX
06-06-2005, 09:48 PM
sounds awesome. you should go. good luck!

johnny
06-07-2005, 09:48 AM
I just feel like i need to get out of my self and allow myself to reflect on my life and the world and see what I want to do.thta's a bunch of mumbojumbo!

two years ago a friend of mine at the college spent nearly two weeks in israel during the time off between the fall and winter semesters, and he really seemed to enjoy it. he grew up there and moved over here when he was young, so i guess he knew more of what to expect there, but anyways he never made it sound like he had any reason to feel unsafe while he was there. it was just a normal vacation.

sharkz
06-07-2005, 02:36 PM
i didn't know you were jewish, neil. pretty cool.

i don't really have much to contribute on the subject, but if you go, have fun, jew-brother.

johnny
06-07-2005, 02:43 PM
i didn't know you were jewish, neil.i also did not know this. i guess we can't be friends anymore, neil!

jokin', right
also i actually did know that

Mr Biglesworth
06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
FUCK I wanna hitchhike Europe

Hey what do you people know about hitchhiking in the US? Legal/illegal, accepted/not safe/dangerous?

thecreeper
06-07-2005, 07:16 PM
i think it's illegal (at least in a lot of states) and most of the times the only people you see looking for a ride look like they would be molesting your tender bottom and harvesting your organs.

Plain Old Jane
06-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Oh, I got bit by the travel bug too, if any tubers wanna spend a week with me and a friend at the jersey shore, lemmie know. prolly in july, maybe labor day week if schedules get pushed.

Mr Biglesworth
06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Well I don't really have either of those things so I might be ok.
I guess I could hitchhike Canada to the right longitude then bus down to whereever I want to go. I'm itchin' to go to Colorado.

heX
06-07-2005, 11:32 PM
sprigen ofen juder :D

GT2000
06-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Yeah, hitchhiking isn't really legal, doesn't stop people. Maybe it's not outlawed, but definitely expect to be standing there for a while until Bubba sees your sweet ass standing there.

I might end up doing some (semi) cross country driving this summer, not like I work or anything like that.

Plain Old Jane
06-08-2005, 02:59 PM
bigs, come to new jersey, you slut

Mr Biglesworth
06-08-2005, 04:08 PM
There is a couple of places I would like to go in the US but i don't think it's going to happen soon. Europe is looking more and more doable, and i'm pretty sure Israel won't be a problem.

johnny
06-08-2005, 06:06 PM
There is a couple of places I would like to go in the USi'll save you the effort: those places in the us probably are a big, shitty waste of time. i mean c'mon, it's the states, neil.

fyi, just goofin' around

Plain Old Jane
06-08-2005, 10:27 PM
i'll save you the effort: those places in the us probably are a big, shitty waste of time. i mean c'mon, it's the states, neil.

fyi, just goofin' around

cept the jersey shore, cuz it rools, and the water is... well not clear, but i healthy shade of green... i think its cuz of the diatom feeding plankton that hang out a mile or so out drain their ferrous particles and eat dead human skin. and because human skin doesnt contain that much iron, they dont sink below the thermocline. naw, i kid, s'prolly cuzza all the black people that swim here.

you dont know WHAT i'm gonna say now, do ya?

btw, completely off topic, this girl was totally flirting with me tonite, she's my best friend (and to the best of my knowledge, not a sparrow) my point being, I'm not wierd if I wanna make out with my best friend right?

Mr Biglesworth
06-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Jep, by this point don't you think it's completely meaningless to ask us if we think something you do is weird?

thecreeper
06-09-2005, 02:03 AM
goddammit jep, NO ONE wants to go to Jersey. nowhere in the state. not one part of it.