PDA

View Full Version : Eyes On Comedy: Improv Everywhere

Plain Old Jane
04-30-2005, 02:16 AM
One of the most time honored and one of the oldest forms of comedy, improv, is perhaps the most powerful of all methods. More than once have I been captivated by shows on comedy central based on improv: Whose Line Is It Anyway (british versions are better, foo'), Make Me Laugh, and various live shows that I have been fortunate enough to see.

There is also another form of comedy, the prank, which is perhaps the most practical of all forms of entertainment. Its very popular at college through the act of "drunken shaming," tin foiling rooms, and my personal favorite: hiding hundreds of troll dolls in your room mate's drawers and bed. (Okay, perhaps more creepy than funny, but we had a good laugh.)

A new york based comedy group called Improv Everwhere (http://www.improveverywhere.com/), this group combines the two comedy forms into one big super ultra mecha comedy amalgum of dooooooooom. In all seriousness, these guys are the funniest thing on the net since AYB, they have videos of their some of their pranks, check em out, kay? I highly suggest: Ben Fold Last Night In Town, and The Amazing Hypnotist (video).

Mr Biglesworth
05-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm more interested in where you got hundreds of troll dolls...

But yeah, Improv everywhere is great, it's all about the McDonald's attendant.

thecreeper
05-02-2005, 12:20 PM
my personal favorite prank was the now legendary typhoon:

my friend filled up a trashcan full of water in the shower, dragged it over to a guy's room, leaned it against the door, and knocked. door opens and ...well you can figure it out.

the non-drew carey whose line's were a bit better in my opinion too. though neither are very watchable to me anymore.

thecreeper
05-02-2005, 10:26 PM
oh yeah jep, try to remember to click do not include signature when submitting news.

testtubebaby
05-03-2005, 10:26 AM
if you live in dorms, a great prank is to tie two (or more!) door knobs together late at night, then knock on the doors like crazy. the disoriented kids will stumble out of bed, and be completely baffled (and scared) by their inability to open the door. bonus points if they have to use the bathroom and can't get out.

sharkz
05-04-2005, 04:52 PM
haha. when did creeper get admin?

thecreeper
05-04-2005, 06:51 PM
i dun own this shit, nigga.

actually donnie did it last week.

sharkz
05-04-2005, 11:14 PM
i demand having the columnists forum again! actually just so i can change the name and go apeshit with it like i did last time

thecreeper
05-05-2005, 10:07 AM
well, a good starter would be to actually submit something...it's not like we're overwhelmed with articles.

Plain Old Jane
05-05-2005, 12:14 PM
you would be if donnie would stop pansying about the content of articles, like an article I submitted about the dark side of the internet. and another one I forget what I wrote about exactly... oh yea, my buddy Jim Ether, he makes incredibly detailed and funny media, flash, and stuff. very funny, dunno what happened to it. donnie apparently misread Jim Ether as HUGE COKCS@!!!!! V1@GR4 4 CH33P!!!!

Danowar
05-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Improv is probably one of the best forms of comedy around. One can get bored with the usual schtick of sarcasm, fowl language and gay topics. Improv is equivalent to starting with a fresh blank canvas.

thecreeper
05-07-2005, 12:43 AM
Improv is probably one of the best forms of comedy around. One can get bored with the usual schtick of sarcasm, fowl language and gay topics. Improv is equivalent to starting with a fresh blank canvas.

although sometimes you run into the problem where improv is just sarcasm, fowl language and gay jokes.

Plain Old Jane
05-07-2005, 05:42 AM
quqack quack quack

GET IT?