PDA

View Full Version : With Teeth

raublekick
04-29-2005, 08:23 AM
http://www.myspace.com/ninofficial

Listen to it there.

thecreeper
04-29-2005, 11:03 AM
stop tempting me, jerk. i've seen 3 places offering it for streaming listens, but i want the damn CD first.

if i hear all of it before hand, i'm definitely going to be mad at myself.

thecreeper
05-03-2005, 06:13 PM
i somehow made it and got it today. this cd is really fucking good. the entire album is so much tighter than the fragile, some of it calling back to pretty hate machine and downward spiral days.

i have my obsession for the next few weeks.

Mr Biglesworth
05-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Awesome, gives me a reason to leave my house...

Mr Biglesworth
05-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Anyone have any comments after a week or two of ownership?

thecreeper
05-29-2005, 07:20 PM
well, a good-evil review is coming, but here is my brief conclusion after listening to it countless times.

the one thing that sticks out with this album is that it is isnt trying to be anything. it isn't a 'concept album' in the vague sense of the word like the fragile (which in my opinion was a great album but not really a good concept album) and it isn't full of blinding hate and self loathing like the downward spiral, its just a mature album that has many good songs together and is fairly straight forward. it has a good hook song (The Hand That Feeds) and a great out of character song (Only) and a terrific ender(Right Where It Belongs). grohl's aggressive live drums add a lot to the music (in songs such as Getting Smaller and You Know What You Are) and gives it a bit more aggression. overall it is a really great album in my opinion, just don't try to hold it up to their past too much. NIN is almost completely different than 10-15 years ago.