PDA

View Full Version : Saw.

Jesse
11-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Anybody see it yet?

Very very good movie. Disturbing as fuck. Hard to believe it got a rated R rating instead of NC 17 or something. Just seemed to be really intense.

GT2000
11-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Giving the title of the movie really helps.

thecreeper
11-01-2004, 09:53 AM
its the title of his post. SAW.

Plain Old Jane
11-01-2004, 11:39 AM
noob

GT2000
11-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Never heard of it, not advertised here..just looked it up, must not of gotten any press at all, considering it has Glover in it as one of the stars. Ah yes, the n00b you were referring to must've been the n00b writer and director of the film. :P

Then again, maybe they did have it on tv or something, I've gotten bored with tv/movies/life/etc.

testtubebaby
11-04-2004, 05:13 PM
saw was possibly one of the worst movies i have ever seen. jerm and i saw it on halloween night with a bunch of our friends and it garnered the most insane crowd reaction i have ever been privvy to... check out his account of the film experience: http://www.livejournal.com/users/neonowl/110688.html

obeyasia
11-14-2004, 02:23 PM
The acting from the "Princess Bride" guy was over the top @ times.
"Ive done it! NOW SHOW THEM TO MEEEEEE!"

thecreeper
11-15-2004, 12:43 PM
The acting from the "Princess Bride" guy was over the top @ times.
"Ive done it! NOW SHOW THEM TO MEEEEEE!"

i just watched liar liar last night and heard how mediocre of an actor he really is. and that american accent is subpar at best. oh well, i missed saw and will probably see it a couple months down the line on video.

Mr Biglesworth
12-19-2004, 01:50 AM
Wow, I just saw it in a second-run theatre... oh man, that was great!
I was the only one who left the theatre with their stomachs in check... my girlfriend has an irrational (ok, pretty rational) fear of self-amputation... Another friend from the ghettos of Jamaica had to leave halfway through.
I thought it was fantastic (of course, I don't tend to LOOK for reasons not to enjoy a movie unless i'm not enjoying it), and a very good movie to see with a girl.. nearly got my fist bit off a few times. Loved it... probably set the bar for intense movies for me personally.

thecreeper
03-12-2005, 01:07 AM
me and raub watched it tonight...man, the movie mixed some decent thrilling scenes with some just SHIT acting.

i think some of the plot twists were good, but the execution was really, really rough around the edges.

GT2000
03-12-2005, 02:07 PM
I watched the start of it lastnight, going to finish it off, I got up to the part where the chick is digging into the dude's stomach with that small knife looking for the key.

I loved the scene where the guy tried to run through the maze of razor wire, awesome stuff.

raublekick
03-12-2005, 03:46 PM
meh it was ok. it wasn't nearly as disturbing as i thought it would be. the concept is more disturbing than the actual graphic scenes.

there just seemed to be a lot of places where they could have killed the fucker, and they just didn't for the sake of the plot moving forward.