PDA

View Full Version : GTA: San Andreas

raublekick
10-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Any of you dudes and dudettes play it yet? It's pretty sweet, lot's of stuff to do.

thecreeper
10-29-2004, 11:30 PM
must be nice to be able to go out and buy all these nice new games. i'm debating whether i have the money to buy a $10 game from EB or a $10 copy of come on pilgrim from the pixies

raublekick
10-30-2004, 12:12 AM
eh, i actually wouldn't have bought it, but i got a $50 gift check from work, and i couldn't decide on what to buy.

i was either going to buy a gane or two that will give me a few weeks enjoyment or buy as many used cds as possible and listen to them once in a blue moon.

Marshall
10-30-2004, 12:09 PM
I bought The legend of Zelda II: The adventure of Link yesterday. Its alot better than GTA! :)

raublekick
10-30-2004, 12:23 PM
While Zelda II is good, it is the second worst game in the series (Majora's Mask is the worst, not including the CD-i stuff that just should be forgotten).

San Andreas is incredibly fast paced compared to the previous GTA games. I've done so many gunfights and awesome chases, even broke into a National Guard base, and I've barely gotten into the story at all! I don't think there has been a single mission so far (except for maybe the first 2 or 3) that was as simple as driving from point A to point B.

Marshall
10-30-2004, 02:38 PM
While Zelda II is good, it is the second worst game in the series (Majora's Mask is the worst, not including the CD-i stuff that just should be forgotten).

San Andreas is incredibly fast paced compared to the previous GTA games. I've done so many gunfights and awesome chases, even broke into a National Guard base, and I've barely gotten into the story at all! I don't think there has been a single mission so far (except for maybe the first 2 or 3) that was as simple as driving from point A to point B.

Well I am in the small basket of people who think that Zelda 2 Was one of the best.

thecreeper
10-30-2004, 03:35 PM
i'm one of the rare people who think metroid fusion was one of the best games in the metroid series.

raublekick
10-30-2004, 03:44 PM
metroid fusion also falls in the same peril as zelda II. metroid fusion is awesome, but not as awesome as the super or prime.

sharkz
10-30-2004, 04:11 PM

I really enjoyed MM, and havn't played through 2 yet ever even though I own it.

But I just was quoting really to make sure you know (http://history.cookiethievery.com/082304/), raub.

raublekick
10-30-2004, 04:19 PM
can a mod or admin, or whever, change the topic title to "games that are awesome but get overshadowed by their even more awesome prequels and sequels"?

GT2000
10-30-2004, 08:37 PM
I bought the game Wednesday night after work, I had just enough time to get to the Gamestop that's on the way home from the shop, before they closed. I've put a couple hours into it so far, and I'm enjoying it.

Right now my current goal in the game is the kill as many cops as possible without dying or getting busted, and, doing a recognized stunt on a bmx, usually end up doing ollies to stoppies and shit.

raublekick
10-30-2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah I heard that you can do tricks on the BMXs, but I have yet to do one or figure out how to do one.

I found a cool BMX trick. You need to have a SMG equipped, and then hold L1 to do a bunny hop. Right after you let go of L1, and right after you start going in the air, press O to draw the gun, but let go quick enough so you don't shoot. If you time it right you can jump like 30 feet in the air.

GT2000
10-31-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah I heard that you can do tricks on the BMXs, but I have yet to do one or figure out how to do one.

I found a cool BMX trick. You need to have a SMG equipped, and then hold L1 to do a bunny hop. Right after you let go of L1, and right after you start going in the air, press O to draw the gun, but let go quick enough so you don't shoot. If you time it right you can jump like 30 feet in the air.

You're joking right?

Plain Old Jane
10-31-2004, 10:17 PM
I tried that in real life, it works!

raublekick
10-31-2004, 11:28 PM
[quote=raublekick]You're joking right?

Umm... no? Why would I be?

Jesse
11-01-2004, 03:59 AM
Banned for making thread in the wrong forum.

GT2000
11-01-2004, 07:09 AM
Just because it sounded retarded, but, ight, I'll mess around with it.

raublekick
11-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Yeah it seriously works, it's not too hard to do, just need to get the timing down.

testtubebaby
11-04-2004, 05:17 PM
must be nice to be able to go out and buy all these nice new games. i'm debating whether i have the money to buy a $10 game from EB or a $10 copy of come on pilgrim from the pixies

i suggest using cheapassgamer.com to find games that can be bought for $5-10 at places like circuit city, and exchange them for $30-50 at walmart. this is how my friends and i are able to afford new games.

another good idea is to invest in a hard drive and hd loader for ps2 coupled with a gamers flip card from blockbuster and rip games to your hard drive.