PDA

View Full Version : The Gruge = The Ring

Metallistar
10-27-2004, 04:29 PM
I went and saw The Grudge the other day... all i can say is man did they rip off The Ring, down to the ghost using the phone and the creepy lil children killing people by what I assume to be scareing them to death... save your money and if you must see it wait till the rental comes out.

thecreeper
10-27-2004, 05:58 PM
i havent heard a lot of great stuff about it yet, but i am still interested in seeing the jap original and...prolly seeing the american one too.

Jesse
10-28-2004, 12:34 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I figured it was going to be more of the same.

raditz
10-28-2004, 03:07 PM
well... ya gotta figure, it was made by the same people in japan

obeyasia
10-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Except the concept is ridiculous. Theres no conflict/resolution that a good story needs. Its just dumb: You go into the scary house, then you die no matter what, no avoiding it. Weak. This goes over better as a spooky story someone tells over a camp-fire rather than a throw away movie. I even saw the original and thought it was equally weak. More so it is (as with most "cult" japanese cinema) scary for the sake of being scary, nothing more.
Check it out if you want a few good shocks, nothing more.

Plain Old Jane
10-31-2004, 04:38 PM
the ring and the grudge were both made by the same people, they both have they're good parts, but the american versions are absolutely fucktaculer, they suck so much cock that I have a hard time not vomiting now from the sheer gayness of it all. The Jap originals however... rawk, they rawk hard, they make suspence so thick I could spread it on the onion bagel I'm eating, and they never let go of it, its just rediculously suspenseful. they should have released a dubbed original instead, they would have had more appeal. go see the original, or get me over aim, I'll send it to you. (wrote a topic on this over the summer.)

obeyasia
11-02-2004, 12:09 AM
In BOTH cases, the .jp originals were only marginally better. Marginally. Dont expect to have your mind blown. Only worth seeing once, in any form.