PDA

View Full Version : why is halloween so lame?

thecreeper
10-27-2004, 07:24 AM
so i was just at Hershey Park for their Halloween after Dark attractions. Among the things they had was a haunted type attraction that was "adults only!". while i was skeptical, most of these things are all ages and watered down. and while it wasn't terribly bad, they sent too many people into it at once(trading faster lines for less scares), and as a result the people at the front of the line would get a spook, and everyone else was like, "well i guess that could have been scary".

but more than that, why is everything at Halloween so watered down and typical? my girlfriend happens to like going to these things, but they are either boring corporate sponsored deals or some hick backwater hayride thrown together. i know i am going to see a guy with a chainsaw, jason mask, michael myers costume, or some other really stupid mask.

but why cant these places take a risk? make it really adults only, make it so that you have to sign a disclaimer to go on it (since people will obviously sue if its too scary), and have professional fucking actors once in awhile. while i was on one of these hayrides a couple weeks ago, i got an awesome idea of a zombie invasion hayride. it could be so badass to have an actor or two on the ride, and have the ride get surrounded by actors dressed as zombies. while one person on the ride screams and shoots blanks from a gun, someone preselected on the ride gets grabbed and "eaten".

i mean, i dunno, there is so much you could do with Halloween and its just gotten so tame and uninteresting. Is there anything cool around where any of you live?

Stormy
10-29-2004, 11:33 AM
I think getting scared in general is pretty lame.

Marshall
10-29-2004, 12:10 PM
I hate halloween. Im glad i live in the middle of the woods becuase noone comes to our door. My girlfriend is going trick or treating this year and I think its sad and pathetic. Shes 18. I will not be going with her even though she thinks I am.

thecreeper
10-29-2004, 02:18 PM
halloween is a messed up concept. it's like the one month of the year where people think its cute to love demons and act like an asshole. college is going to be hell this weekend. or fun, i cant tell...

::eyes alcohol::

thecreeper
10-30-2004, 08:00 PM
well happy halloween anyway guys and gals. hope you kids have fun.

raublekick
10-30-2004, 08:07 PM
you too, zach. i'm dressing up as both a concerned mother and the unabomber (i.e. i have an anti-yearround school tshirt and a hoodie)

Wonko the Sane
10-31-2004, 12:32 AM
A couple of years back we actually did have a haunted house in georgia that made you sign a disclaimer, can't remember the name though. They also had some contest thing where if you made it all the way through you won like 100 bucks or something, I dunno. My guess is they played on people's fears(real fears, not just 'jump out and make you jump') and had themed sections or some such, I never actually saw the place myself, only heard abotu it, so it could all be total crap.

Plain Old Jane
10-31-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm going as a 1984 murderer/druggie/club kid named Michael Alig.

happy halloween