PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night destruction event of the centaury

raublekick
04-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Saturday night was rainy, and as usual I had to work. Then there was some crazy lightning and thunder going on. I walked outside of work to lock some stuff up when there was a tremendous bolt and rumble. This knocked the computer in the office out so I couldn't finish anything. I closed a few minutes early and went home. My house was completely dark. "Fuck", I though. I fiddled with the keys trying to keep them in my hand in the cold rain. When I got inside I flipped the light switch, but no light came on. Quickly I grabbed a flash;ight and walked into the kitchen. The first thing I saw was the DSL filter on our phone. No longer was it peacefully dangling from the phone. Now it was broken and there was a black spot on the wall. The smell of smoke filled the room. When I looked around the rest of my kitchen I saw that all the cabinets were open and there were mugs and glasses on the floor, broken. A breeze entered the room which piqued my interest. Upon inspection I found that the one window was broken. Oddly enough the window that broke was the only one that wasn't 150 years old made with real glass. To the left of the window a small part of the wall about 1'x6" had ruptured.

My dad came up to help me check out the rest of the house, and a police officer came as well. Soon there were about 10 firefighters in my house making sure that my walls weren't on fire. After looking outside we realized that the foundation of the house has been chipped away, right below where the hole in the kitchen was. My neighbors came over and said their washer and dryer had jumped away from the wall and all the lint had burnt up. The empty hosue next to mine had a few broken windows as well.

As it turns out, Zeus (or Elecman, your call) threw a mighty bolt into a tree in my neighbors yard, which consequently grows into a fence that travels up to my house. Our phone lines are out, and so is the cable. One of our TVs is destroyed, another is now way to dark to watch, and mine has a big pink spot in the middle. Until these get fixed all I have is my GBA and my guitar to provide entertainment (sure, I could do some school work, but fuck that).

After this spectacle I promptly went to a friends house and got fucked the fuck up.

But yesterday I went into work, and when I told some people about it my one co-worked said "Dude, I can one-up you. My DAD got struck by lightning last night".

GT2000
04-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Wow, sounds like you had an eventful night...well, glad the house didn't burn down, and at least ya have insurance to cover everything..right..RIGHT?! ;)

thecreeper
04-04-2005, 09:53 AM
that's fucking wild stuff. you need to post your pics later.

it sucks that everything is blown out, but at least your computer and everything should be ok. now you have all kinds of time to make some more kickass songs!

malta
04-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Crazy. Glad ya'lls are alright though.

Post pics if you get a chance.

thecreeper
04-06-2005, 12:05 AM
you need to get internet working again. i have no one to talk to about pointless bullshit online.

raublekick
04-06-2005, 08:56 AM
All my pics are on my phone and i don't have a way to grab them from there. Hopefully today Verizion will be fixing my DSL. Comcast was supposed to come fix the cable yesterday, they said they did, but they didn't call when they got there like they were supposed to and the cable still isn't working...