PDA

View Full Version : for neil and johnny

sharkz
04-01-2009, 06:02 PM
i'd like to note that i'll be seeing the reformed dead milkmen, who i've now come to appreciate, on saturday (my 18th actually.)

pretty psyched! :)

Mr Biglesworth
04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Aww, you thought of us! I gotta thank Johnny for getting me into them. But that's wicked, enjoy the show, and make a post when you get back!

squirrels2nuts
04-03-2009, 08:59 AM
brb takin retards to the zoo

sharkz
04-06-2009, 06:08 AM
the show was fuckin' amazing! got just sauced enough and no one really knew when they were going on but their old contemporaries FOD played and then the DMs came on afterwards. great set list, the big lizard stuff was most exciting for me - nutrition, big lizard, VFW, bitchin' camaro... tiny town or takin' retards to the zoo woulda pushed it over the top but it was the best possible show that could have fallen on my birthday. this was at pilam, upenn's hipster-frat where they played in their heyday.

i got to thank 'em all afterwards. wish you could have seen it with me.

johnny
05-19-2009, 01:07 AM
so jealous! i really wanted to get to Philly for their reunion after Dave Blood died, but i couldn't get it together. when i read a while back that they were doing more shows, i got really excited! i'm pretty sure i'll never get the chance to see them (as i'm living a bit too far away), but just knowing that they exist again is enough for me :)

shrakz are you familiar with Soul Rotation or Not Richard, but Dick? those two albums are a bit harder to find, and they're not quite the same as the earlier albums, but they have some really really good songs. i hope you got to see a few of the tunes from those albums performed live!