PDA

View Full Version : How do you want to die?

Plain Old Jane
10-19-2004, 11:23 PM
I've always had a rather morbid facination with death, but now I'm just curious, tired, and pissed off, so riddle me this test tubers. How do you want to die? Sure, we all control this to some extent, the place, the time to some extent, but assuming you have complete control, how would you go? Sleeping? Attempting to fly? Whales?

Or will you abstain, choosing rather the uncertainty of death as your answer, leaving entropy intact?

raublekick
10-20-2004, 12:41 AM
I'd have Gallagher do a free one-night only anniversary show. It would be advertised as the messiest show ever, not just the first fewrows will get wet, the first 20 will! For the final act, my body will get raised from underneeth the table where a watermelon is usually placed, and Gallagher will reveal the mighty Thor's hammer, lent to him for this one momentous occasion only. The crowd, confused, and filled with anticipation, will watch as my body is smashed and squirted onto their glasses and hair.

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/games/pics/gallagher/pic17.jpg

Jesse
10-20-2004, 01:54 AM
At peace.

Edit: Everybody that has replied in this thread thus far, has 12 posts....

Marshall
10-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Fucking.

johnny
10-20-2004, 07:17 AM
uncertainty and all that.

Plain Old Jane
10-20-2004, 09:59 AM
I've thought about this for a while now, since last night at least... I believe this is how I want it to happen...

It's an idle 4am on a saturday, I'm walking home from my evening stroll through town when suddenly I turn around and grab the poison tipped pin fired toward my neck. I look at it with increasing hate as I utter a name I havent spake in years... "The Dervish"....... I dash off in the direction where it was fired from and round the corner in into an alley , theres no one here, but there's a messege carved into the wall with what was no doubt a 12th century Ceremonial Tanto blade. "Temple, Tommorow, Ten PM."

Theres no need to specify which temple that he meant, I think to myself as I slip into my agility suit, He means the Tsukikage Shinto Temple... where we first met... ten years ago... During the Spring Saint Dance festival, when hundreds were inside the temple, the Dervish planned to blow up the temple with hundreds inside, but I subdued him just in time and he was put away for 6 long years, he escaped and has been hunting me ever since... But I'm going to end this tonight!

I show up a few minutes before Ten on the roof, the place is packed with people, its the fall festival of color, when everyone has Kimonos and Yukatas on dancing. Suddenly he appears on the other end of the roof with a ridiculously long cape draped out behind him, flowing in the wind. We exchange the usual super hero banter and suddenly he throws out his cape behind him and rushes toward me. We draw blades and begin a hard battle of wills as the blades throw sparks in all directions. Finally, somehow he gets the upper hand and I fly back into the roof window and grab a hold of the broken window pane, people below me are covered in glass but no one looks hurt as they all dart toward the exits. The Dervish walks toward me slowly as I struggle to keep my grip.

"Looks like my plan will succeed after all, Northern Cross... Sadly you wont be around to see it..." he says as he hits a small green button on his wristguard. A voice come up from it saying "Bomb Armed."
"Thats... Ugh.." I start as I readjust myself for my next move and grab his leg as he stands over me. "What you think, Hex!"

I throw my self back up as he loses balance and come down with me as we fall through the window together. I hit the ground with a thump that knocks the wind out of me. I hear an odd sound next to me, and I turn to see Him, impaled on a piece of glass, slumped across the main alter, a monument to piece for a thousand years. Blood slowly dribbles from his lips and he speaks his final words. "You... wont win... this one... Cross..." he says as he hits the red button on his wrist, a small timer pops up on the display stating the time before dentonation.

"I'll find a way... Hex..." I say as I dart off to find the bomb, wishing my last words would have been more insightful and cool... I find the bomb and dash out of the temple towards the adjacent river. I jump in as the timer ticks down to zero and I hit the water... Moments later, the bomb explodes and once again I've saved the day, forever to be told in legends in the city of Shibuya-cho....

Mr Biglesworth
10-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Yea, that's pretty much what I've always figured would happen to me, Jep, but i've been hoping for 'fucking' too...

Plain Old Jane
10-20-2004, 04:39 PM
you hope to 'come' and go at the same time, eh?!

Metallistar
10-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Fucking.

pretty much says it all

cerberus
10-27-2004, 01:28 AM
I'd rather die taking out a bunch of people with me. I want to go down in a horrible, terrible, hated legacy.