PDA

View Full Version : this war sucks.

teensupernothing
03-06-2005, 04:45 PM
as of last night i have had 8 friends die in this war. in a week. one was killed last sunday... shot, (didn't have body armor because the US can't supply it to all of the troops) and... today, the rest of his company was killed. tank or humvee, or whatever large vehicle they were in was shelled, and exploded....
so that's eight friends, in 6 days. fucking... i don't even know. losing one friend is hard enough, finding out 7 more died less than a week later... is rediculous.

i was crying alot before.. now i'm just pissed off and confused. i expect it will hit me again in another couple of hours.

thecreeper
03-06-2005, 05:34 PM
wow, how old were these guys? and how did you know them?

sorry to hear that you've lost (a lot) of friends.

i really don't know what else to say except that if there's anyone else over there, pray for them to get home safe.

and war always sucks. this one is no exception. my brother is in and out of Iraq all the time as a SEAL, i really hope we never get a phone call telling us that he didnt make it.

teensupernothing
03-06-2005, 07:00 PM
i knew them from fencing. they fenced at USMPS.... and i met them through fencing. then we hung out alot, cuz they were cool and didn't get out much. some of them went through West Point.. but others decided against west point.

the ones that skipped west point.. were over there, and got killed... the others are in west point now. group of like.. 25 guys or so. ranging in age from 19 (the youngest to be killed) to 27 (oldest to be killed) the 24 year old had actually graduated west point... (was one of the fencer's older brothers) his little brother, (by far the person i'm closest to in the group) now has no parents, and no brother. yeah. it's bad

malta
03-06-2005, 08:07 PM
That is terrible. I'm very sad to hear.

This war is trash. Its about the US trying to rule the fucking world.

raublekick
03-06-2005, 08:51 PM
really sorry to hear. it's sad that just as many casualties, if not more, are being created now, even though the war officially ended long ago.

Mr Biglesworth
03-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Many are lost cutting the inroads to a new market. I hope the bloodshed ends soon, but know that your friends played a greater part in history than most.
I'm sorry you're one of the many to be personally affected. May the world RIP.

Stormy
03-08-2005, 02:39 PM
My "boyfriend" is stationed in Iraq right now, and my ex (probably one of the better guys I've had for a friend) is going to Baghdad tomorrow.

It really sucks, Merk, and I definitely feel for you.

Plain Old Jane
03-08-2005, 03:06 PM
my lab partners brother died there almost 3 months ago. Its getting harder to find people who are completely unaffected by the war like they used to be. I really hope this motivates people to stop this machine, bring in the UN or something, military used as police is NEVER a good idea...

Mike
03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
The UN won't and can't do anything. The war will not stop anytime soon because the rest of the world has just gotten behind it, now that it's turned out to be a relative success (relative to the global schema of things). The Loss of life and the lives that it has forever effected however, like every war, overshadows the relative success on personal levels... and that can never be justified with suffrage, liberalization, and political beaurocracy.

Plain Old Jane
03-11-2005, 11:41 PM
but that doesnt really change anything, america is already past its oil peak, gas will never ever be cheap again. In about 30 years, we're gonna be royally fucked (I love my mommy cuz she fucked my dad, i love my mommy cuz she fucked the shit out of blah blah! name the song 5 pts.) again. world = shit after 30 years. In fact, we've passed whats called the Oil Peak, we've officially used up half the oil in the world, yea that sounds like a lot, but it isnt. cuz most of it was used in the past 50 years, and the usage statistics is scheduled to triple by 2020. (thats internationally, america HAS had a relatively low oil use. next to say Russia for heating, or Japan for manufacturing, or third world countries for something else ironic.) What's this mean, it means oil will NEVER be cheap again.

http://www.exitmundi.nl/oilcrash.htm

The war is stupid slow and doesnt solve ANY of our problems, its base was built on a lie perpetrated by one who will make money on all this. Dont forget the essays written in the election topic about who the leaders of this war really are.

Plain Old Jane
03-11-2005, 11:44 PM
also for fun...

http://www.exitmundi.nl/graygoo.htm

Mike
03-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Jep ... you know as well as anybody in the world that there are alternative forms of energy. The problem with them is that they are not efficient enough for the cost. Currently, the most efficient relative to the price is oil... Once oil becomes to0 expensive for it's efficiency, as we begin to use more of it, we'll switch to one of those alternative sources and/or be forced to develope new ones.

This won't lead to a bleak future. It WILL reshape the Middle East and oil rich nations who will have to find a way to satiate their citizens with rights; and it will reshape big business accross the globe... It's not an end of times or an end of pleasantries. In fact, it probably won't be an end to anything...

The war is stupid slow and doesnt solve ANY of our problems, its base was built on a lie perpetrated by one who will make money on all this.

It's already solved many problems (in the last three years, liberalism has spread more in the Middle East than in the 80 years before it)... and it was never built on a lie, it was justified to the masses with false information (which I'd assume you think is a lie, which is a fair thought, though I'd disagree). Don't confuse justifications for the basis of something. As for who the leaders of this war were, if you see it as bad, I'm sure you'll blame the conservatives or republicans, and if it turns out good, I'm sure you'll try to look for another reason.