PDA

View Full Version : That pesky 'having a site' issue once more...

thecreeper
03-02-2005, 11:05 PM
all right, the idea has been going through my head for awhile.

i want us to have a site here, and i've been getting this idea that could possibly happen.

so i submit my pitch to you:

i know that i could likely get quite a few people to submit both articles, news, and reviews (most likely reviews mostly) from another board that raub and i frequent. however, these would likely have a lot of videogame and video game music influence, which i know is not the core of this site (what is the core anyway?). i think, however, if we could just set up a CMS, phpnuke, postnuke, whatever, we could just get it started. with the help of others outside the site (who would likely become posters here) along with our own stuff, we could have a nice community/collaboration site that maybe could be a lot more than we are now.

i'll be the first to say that i likely cannot be a huge part of making and maintaining this site without hurting good-evil, but i would be a part of it. i want this place to be successful, and i say we just go into it, and fix things as we go. right now this place seems a bit stagnant, and at the very least, we will have something to talk about.

i guess i just want to know if you guys want me to ask people to help us get this started, or if we're not ready to take this step yet.

and Donnie, any input from you about this would be great, and it may be helpful to let someone else have access to the site.

raublekick
03-02-2005, 11:22 PM
i dunno man, i've already made clear that i don't want any active participation on this site, but i would like to see it thrive.

however, i'm totally against just letting people do whatever whenever just to have content. letting tons of people toss in reviews will not only cause a hodgepodge of conflicting views, but eventually many of those people will lost interest. it's just gonna come right back to how it is now. you just need to come up with an idea for a site that you guys are interested in (if it is not a review site i'd be more interested), then just assign some simple jobs. someone make a design, someone do the coding, then find a few good men to add the actual content on a regular basis.

thecreeper
03-02-2005, 11:27 PM
what i am trying to get across is not that you and i have to be a part of this site, but trying to get writers for this site, because we have about 10 people, maybe, here. and reviews do not have to be a big part of it at all, but there needs to be a focus, and whether we want to have news, features, columns, whatever, i think we should just get it going. who cares what comes out of it, let's just do something we all want to do. these are just my stupid ideas anyway, someone mention what they would like to see too.

raublekick
03-02-2005, 11:30 PM
i was mostly referring to:
i know that i could likely get quite a few people to submit both articles, news, and reviews (most likely reviews mostly) from another board that raub and i frequent.

the few people here is plenty to run a decent site

thecreeper
03-02-2005, 11:37 PM
yeah i didnt mean it like that exactly.

i've even been considering the idea of maybe us having a good music site start up, since we all seem to have a common interest in music and we have so many different tastes here.

Jesse
03-03-2005, 12:12 AM
I'm down.

I'll do whatever I can to help.

Mike
03-03-2005, 01:56 AM
I'll try to thwart any attempts at making a successful website.

thecreeper
03-03-2005, 08:51 AM
which will only make it better. actually try to help would hurt more.

Mr Biglesworth
03-03-2005, 10:13 AM
I've been feeling the need to write, so if i'm given an outlet here for creativity, i'm sure i'll use it.

C'mon donnie get the damn thing up!

thecreeper
03-03-2005, 11:15 AM
someone just do it, donnie, whoever. give me or jep or whoever access to do this if you dont have time.

sharkz
03-03-2005, 09:16 PM
a while ago i told donnie that i would work on a geeklog scheme and send it to him.

i'm a lazy ass. actually, i have been busy.

but i don't even know that geeklog is the best, but i think don should just fantastico SOMETHING and eventually we'll get around to changing the template or whatever.

heX
03-03-2005, 09:18 PM
i realy hope donnie doesnt mind giving some one access. pretty much anyone at this board is trust worthy in my opinion.

Mr Biglesworth
03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
present company excluded

Jesse
03-04-2005, 01:27 PM
I'd just like to see some progress. I mean, it's cool that we have our own domain name, and forum and everything, but, we could have all that, and probably more activity in an IRC channel.

So lets get SOMETHING going.

GT2000
03-04-2005, 10:38 PM
I can "fantastico something up" soon, just not tonight..fucking darvocet got me by the cojones...I think I'll take my vicodin and flexeril on top of it..and drink.

sharkz
03-05-2005, 03:47 PM
well, i actually did start a geeklog theme today.

comments welcome

http://www.creative-insanity.com/ttt/index.php

GT2000
03-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Hell, maybe go with slightly darker colors and update the images, and bam.

raublekick
03-05-2005, 04:03 PM
looks good sharkz, i just joined and posted something for your approval.

sharkz
03-05-2005, 04:23 PM
approvddd

Plain Old Jane
03-05-2005, 06:04 PM
you get much hugs!

okay, now we can get down to bidnezz.

thecreeper
03-06-2005, 05:27 PM
not a bad start, it'll prolly need a few more categories to split it all up into, but yeah, let's get something on the main site.

and i can handle graphics if need be, though i know some others are more adept at photoshop trickery than i am.

johnny
03-06-2005, 08:12 PM
how come the staff has to approve the article that i wanted to contribute? >:0

also, to whoever does the images and finishes up the colour-set: please no black background 8).

thecreeper
03-06-2005, 08:41 PM

also, to whoever does the images and finishes up the colour-set: please no black background 8).

there will be black backgrounds and you WILL like it!

Jesse
03-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Finally, some progress.

Cid
03-07-2005, 07:04 PM
I signed up...let the fuckin' party start.

Cid
03-07-2005, 07:07 PM

there will be black backgrounds and you WILL like it!

Yeah yeah, black and orange is our fucking heritage man. When everyone that posted at Dexcussion shrivels up and dies...then you can have your pansy ass pastel backgrounds...bitch;)

sharkz
03-07-2005, 09:14 PM
uhhh, guys, you can feel free to register and contribute stuff, but GT and I weren't planning on transferring the DB data when we install GL over here, we were just gonna use the scheme.

edit: i wanna note though, i hope you guys keep up this flow of submissions when things are ready =D

Mr Biglesworth
03-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I hope you guys are up for some WHATEVER THE HELL I FEEL LIKE WRITING FOR YOU GODDAMN CRETINS because that's all i can think of to write about these days...

sharkz
03-21-2005, 06:28 PM
worked on the layout tonight. waiting for an AIM response from donnie.
feedback plz

http://www.creative-insanity.com/ttt/index.php

thecreeper
03-21-2005, 07:40 PM
note to everyone, you have to log in and change your theme to see it.

it doesnt look too bad sharkz, but the colors need to be tweaked a bit. that light blue is a little too light and everything is a bit too boxy. maybe try dropping out the background color in the frames where stories go or making that blue a bit darker. i dunno. the contributed by text is also unreadable.

thecreeper
03-25-2005, 01:10 PM
bump.

need...site...

sharkz
03-25-2005, 04:20 PM
i'll work on it tonight if i can. DVD projects come first though

thecreeper
03-26-2005, 04:40 PM
it's ok sharkz, i'm just waiting for something to actually appear on thetesttube.com besides a forum.

GT2000
03-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah yeah, been busy.

thecreeper
03-27-2005, 01:34 AM
oh donnie yo know im just being a bitch. i know you have more important issues at the moment.

GT2000
03-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I'm just fucking around too, bitch. :P