PDA

View Full Version : PS2 HDLoader

GT2000
02-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Wanted to check out an app to load the games off the hard drive instead of the dvds, so I'm downloading HDLoader right now, anyone have any opinions on that program, or the other one, HDAdvance?

Also think I'm going to drop my 120GB WD SE drive in my PS2 if the app turns out to work well.

testtubebaby
02-13-2005, 12:09 AM
i own it (bought it for $30 when it was first released)...

works perfectly fine, especially for the ol' rent 'n' copy. some games don't work prefectly with it, and don't expect to be able to play online games that have been copied, because the dnas doesn't work.

GT2000
02-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I saw the thing about DNAS, that's just common sense though. But that's cool, the copy of HDLoader I came across doesn't work so I'll maybe try again, or just order it online.

Mike
02-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah, my roomate has one, it's pretty good. He got a 120gb Maxtor, I think, and gets those premium passes from Blockbuster, where you can rent like infinite amounts of games for $20/3months and just copies games all day.

Some games don't work, but most do. San Andreas wasn't supposed to work but it did, same with ATV3, and the Madden Special Edition. It's definitely well worth the money.

thecreeper
02-14-2005, 11:00 AM
i like the idea, but i know if i had the loader i would have even MORE games to play that i wont get around to. i'm still trying to get around to some playstation 1 games i never played when i got them 3-4 years ago.

GT2000
02-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Yeah man, I see your point of view, I'm doing this mainly for convinience...although renting/copying games would be a nice feature as well...I drive out to a friends house from time to time to catch up, and I always bring the ps2, because inevitably, we'll be drunk and want to play some madden..or tony hawk...or mortal kombat..or whatever. This will be nice..not having to stuff 10-20 games into my back-pack along with the system.

I've seen the compatibility lists, and then seen other people saying that it works in certain modes where as other people try the same mode changes to no luck. And I've also seen the patches that can be performed...so I'm not too worried.

I ordered HDadvance lastnight, and also ordered a maxtor 200gb drive to toss in the ps2.

GT2000
02-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Well, I got the hard drive and hdadvance workin', I need to get a mod going in order to be able to transfer saves from the memory card to the hard drive, which pisses me off, but I see it's doable, just haven't gotten that to work yet..I'd be doing it tonight, but, the doc has me on motrin during the day, and a nice mix of vicodin and flexeril, and I'm just nice and drugged right now, don't need to be messing with hardware...

Jesse
12-22-2005, 01:48 AM
Just reading old threads here...

Can you just put any IDE harddrive into a PS2?

testtubebaby
12-22-2005, 10:25 AM
i believe only maxtor hard drives (other than the official sony branded ones) fit. this is because of the possition of the ide plug and power plug slots... also, they need to be 120gb or less

Jesse
12-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Fantastic.

I thought I heard somewhere that the HDD had to be from Sony.

Mayhaps this will breathe some life into my PS2.