malta
02-06-2005, 10:51 PM
was pretty alright

pretty messed up right now

how was yours?

sharkz
02-06-2005, 11:07 PM
not messed up just tired

not really disapointed. i didn't expect the eagles to win too much anyway.

raublekick
02-07-2005, 12:38 AM
i worked through the bulk of the superbowl, came home and watched the last 5 minutes in the 4th... philly blew it, as is to be expected

thecreeper
02-07-2005, 01:16 AM
we have a fine tradition of being miserable failures in this town for the last 25 years, i don't expect that to change anytime soon. tonight was an excellent example.

"We're down 10 points in the 4th quarter with the time ticking? hey let's just take out time, walk around like we are tired and needlessly huddle! we don't need time for anything!"

idiots. they deserved to lose.

Jesse
02-07-2005, 01:20 AM
It was a good game. I was glad to see the Pats win it again this year.

Sox won the World Series, and the Pats won the Super Bowl. Works out rather well.

Stormy
02-07-2005, 06:39 AM
Sox won the World Series, and the Pats won the Super Bowl. Works out rather well.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I was too busy writing a "response paper" (shitty essay prompt for shitty introductory English major course) during the first part of the game to pay any attention. I was a silent Eagles fan (because one of my friends is from Atlantic City and cared enough about it, while none of my other friends really did, and I realized "FLY EAGLES FLY" was pretty catchy), though wasn't really disappointed in the Patriot victory. What really got me was the fucking fumble and interception at the very end of the game, wherein the Eagles might have pulled a victory, but got sucked into a Boeing 747's wing engine.

johnny
02-07-2005, 07:57 AM
i was expecting philly to get trampled, since the patriots were able to dismatle pittsburgh and indianapolis without much effort. the eagles aren't nearly as good as those teams..

teensupernothing
02-07-2005, 09:34 AM
i was way too sick all weekend to do anything amusing. i tried to watch some of the game, but fell asleep on the couch in the middle of my own mini-party. it was terrible. although, being asleep was much better than the continual vomiting that i was dealing with because of my fucking stomach virus. yeah.. everyone BUT me had a good time.. but nobody watched the game. everyone else was drunk/high. but me. bah

sharkz
02-07-2005, 03:56 PM
i think my favorite part of the game was when that guy from the pats had the ball and he kinda did a double take and then fell on his ass.

Metallistar
02-07-2005, 04:24 PM
i think my favorite part of the game was when that guy from the pats had the ball and he kinda did a double take and then fell on his ass.

lol, it looked like he got his ass rocked by the invisible man.

thecreeper
02-08-2005, 12:02 AM
there is like nothing to watch sports wise now.

the sixers are going to miss the playoffs this year if they keep playing like this, and the NBA seems rather dull this year anyway. NHL is cancelled. baseball is boring, but still months away. ugh.

Metallistar
02-08-2005, 07:32 AM
NBA boring? Hell no, Cleveland finally has a good team this year... this hasnt happened since the 80's!

thecreeper
02-08-2005, 11:26 AM
heh, i guess it all depends on what city you are in...i've seen philly sputter aimlessly for the last 4 or so years and i'm kinda getting tired of them never being the team they should be. the atlantic division is so shitty, boston is on top only because they have managed to get to .500. it's like a battle of who will go out first in the playoffs.

Mr Biglesworth
02-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Forgive my ignorance, for it's been such a big deal since it happened, but why was the NHL cancelled? I just don't understand

Marshall
02-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Forgive my ignorance, for it's been such a big deal since it happened, but why was the NHL cancelled? I just don't understand

Because god hates us and hockey players (all save the beezer) are money hungry whores.

I really have no idea but if it was all because of one person, I would kill that man with my bare hands.

malta
02-08-2005, 03:47 PM
because hockey players think they can be paid as much as basketball and football players, even though the sport doesn't bring in nearly as much money (from what I hear). So the players demand more money and the management says no, and the players screw their fans out of a season.

which sucks, because hockey games are way more fun to watch in person then any other sport I've always thought, and I wanna see some sabres

Mike
02-09-2005, 01:22 AM
The NBA blows.

College Basketball is the shit.

Very glad that the Patriots won, and I like the Eagles as well.

Great year in sports, for me, as I got to see the Red Sox win the series... this also being the year that I was most involved with the Red Sox (went to spring training, got to interview players, and went to ... a shit load of games). Definitelyt very memorable to look back, say, 25 years from now, as my 2004 spring training pictures and then say "wow, those are the guys who won the World Series six months later."

Speaking of other sports, spring training begins in about three weeks. March Madness is about three weeks. And NBA basketball will continue to suck until June. I love the Celtics ... but I can't watch NBA basketball.

teensupernothing
02-10-2005, 09:17 AM
i like sports that have no season, and suck for spectators. :-P

raublekick
02-10-2005, 10:35 AM
i feel for the NHL players, but the money just isn't there. it's really unfair that a player who works his ass off for 82 games per season, 9 months of the year (and then the olympics/world hockey sometimes) get's paid much much less than a football player who playes less than 20 games per year, and only a few months.

thecreeper
02-10-2005, 11:05 AM
it does suck, but they are shooting themselves in the foot cancelling the season. its just gonna push more people away, even longtime fans. and the NHL needs to grow, not shrink like i am afraid it will.

raublekick
02-10-2005, 11:12 AM
no fucking way does the NHL need to grow, at least not in terms of adding more teams. back before they addid the most recent expansion teams i'm pretty sure the 82 game season let each tame play every other team exactly 3 times, but now it doesn't work like that.

i think it would be great if they got rid of a few teams.

thecreeper
02-10-2005, 11:21 AM
no not like that, i meant grow its fanbase. i think it needs to dump a few teams too, but they're killing their chance of expanding their fanbase to a younger audience, which may not just see them as greedy assholes (a la baseball in 94)