PDA

View Full Version : USA goes Godless.

GT2000
03-08-2007, 09:29 AM
"America is braced for a nationwide treasure hunt as the Philadelphia mint confirmed it had made a mistake when minting some of a new batch of dollar coins. The coins were supposed to have the traditional "E Pluribus Unum" inscription, along with "In God We Trust" around the edges. But due to an unholy error, both inscriptions were left off. The mint was not able to say how many of the 300 million coins the error had affected, but issued a statement saying that it was taking the necessary steps to correct the defect."

Anyone that's collected coins know that, errors = mo' money mo' money!

So keep an eye out for those new dollar coins and check them thrice, they could be a diamond in the rough.

/me searches his pockets.

http://www.theregister.com/2007/03/08/e_pluribus_etc/

Stormy
03-10-2007, 04:39 PM
It's so rare to encounter a dollar coin as it is, let alone a famous one. :(

johnny
03-10-2007, 08:01 PM
i didn't know you guys minted dollar coins? any plans to get rid of the dollar bill?

GT2000
03-11-2007, 07:26 PM
I think that's been the idea for a while but it never stuck.. like, the Susan B back in the 70s/80s (i think), and the one with that indian lady whose name I can't spell. They even started making vending machines that would accept the coins.. still no go.

Optimus Funk
03-11-2007, 11:05 PM
I have a roll of the new dollar coins(I checked for the mishap, no luck :( ), but it is all the same people just buy a few rolls then dont spend them EVER so they never get good circulation even with company tie-ins. I think we all remember how well the Wal-mart sacagawea dollar thingy didn't work out, but on a side note the sacagawea dollars are a god send for late night hospital vending machines! Mmmmm Mmmmm Good!