PDA

View Full Version : fuuuuck wireless sin ubuntu with a giant spikey stick

the Wozz
02-13-2007, 03:23 AM
ffffffffuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccck
ndiswrapper doesnt do anything because...guess what!
i cant get a .inf file for a bcm4309 to save my life!

iTS A FUCKING LAPTOP.
IT NEEDS THIS SHIT.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLP
YOUR
FRIEND
ALEX

raublekick
02-13-2007, 11:27 AM
sorry dude, you have broadcom. that shit sucks...

it's not ubuntu's fault that broadcom doesn't provide drivers for anything. you will have the same result in any distro.

http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R76521na.EXE
ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/WMP54Gv4_20040415.exe

try that, the fedora wiki says that should have bcmwl5.inf in it, that file is what you need. <edit> try the dell link first.

<edit edit> http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/List#B
search that list for "bcm4309" and find your card, then grab the driver they used.

johnny
02-13-2007, 06:44 PM
i don't use a wireless connection (the idea of wireless for at home use seems a bit silly, but that's another story..) so i can't be of any help. :(

raublekick
02-13-2007, 07:51 PM
i don't use a wireless connection (the idea of wireless for at home use seems a bit silly, but that's another story..) so i can't be of any help. :(

meh, if wireless had been affordable at the time, we wouldn't have had to drill a hole in our 150+ year old hard wood floor or string a 100 foot ethernet cable through the house so i could use the Internet in my room.

the Wozz
02-14-2007, 02:03 AM
oohhh i know its not ubuntu's fault. it just that i found that file and everything, and i still can't seem to get it to work :(

heX
02-14-2007, 05:31 AM

i live in an apartment and cant drill holes. so im forced to use wirless, wich i dont really care for since it drops all the time and cant be used for gaming.

as far as just general web browsing goes you cant really see the differenece, only when your doing something that needs an uninterupted conection.