PDA

View Full Version : remember i was sayin' that i have a job (eh?)

johnny
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
i don't work many shifts, but still.. i'm a LAB MONITOR! i was just showing some dude how to use the command-line ftp utility. because as a lab monitor, i know everything. :idea:

basically, i sit here at the help desk, and do my homework. when people send shit to the high-speed printers from the rs/6000, as/400, and linux servers, i get the printouts. when people come over to the lab and ask for the printouts, i give it to them. (only if'n they got some id, though)

pretty cool, huh? for a little over ten dollars an hour, i think it's pretty great because i hardly ever have to do anything.

and now,

reply somehow:

malta
02-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Whoa thats pretty cool. Better then the shit jobs I work now. My day job is being taken over by somebody on monday because I put in my 2 weeks. I have to train him for 2 shifts and then BYE.

Mr Biglesworth
02-02-2005, 10:40 PM
my secret erotic medical life is being paraded around the internet.

Plain Old Jane
02-02-2005, 11:37 PM
Whoa thats pretty cool. Better then the shit jobs I work now. My day job is being taken over by somebody on monday because I put in my 2 weeks. I have to train him for 2 shifts and then BYE.

congratz tristan, unemployment is a job some people dream about...

GT2000
02-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah, sounds like a stupidly easy job that some people get lucky enough to snag whilst in college, it definitely helps.

I've dreamt about unemployment for a long time now....currently applying for a systems operator job with georgia pacific back up in green bay, if I don't get that, I'll be applying with Tier 1 or 2 help desk towards may with my current company just to get out of the field before my knees completely give out or I finish breaking my back.

thecreeper
02-10-2005, 11:20 AM
i've been unemployed for too long now. i work one day a week delivering and it barely keeps me afloat financially. my parents won't let me get a job because they think it affects my schoolwork (which i won't lie, when i had a job, my grades sucked more, but i still don't think that's true). i wish this was a better area for work, but not a lot of places are hiring anyway, so i am kinda stuck being poor until summer.